Title: Piping Engineer (SME)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: HQ1 Grangemouth
Closing date: Wednesday 4th January
Are you in?
A truly global company, INEOS is one of the world’s largest chemical companies. In our culture, you will have the autonomy and ability to feel empowered in your role from day one which leads to a fulfilling career with us.
We require a Piping Engineer to play a key role in the delivery and support of the growth in our business.
A highly motivated Piping Engineer is required to join our Integrity Team to provide discipline subject matter expertise and support Asset, TAR and Projects businesses in delivering legal compliance and achieving INEOS OPUK business goals. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing Piping Engineering technical support, respond to and resolve all piping queries related to operating assets and projects within INEOS OPUK Grangemouth. They will also be responsible for ensuring compliance to Standards by Suppliers and Contractors.
- Significant experience in gasket selection, piping and valve fabrication, materials of construction and repairs and maintenance activities.
- Industrial experience in a Piping SME role, ideally on both legacy and new plant.
- Support Mechanical Technical Authorities in achieving compliance to discipline standards.
- Author, update and interpret discipline standards, recommended practices and engineering guidance.
- Review & respond to deviations from piping & valve related standards.
- Resolve all piping and valve standard / technical queries (SQ / TQ).
- Produce and maintain piping specifications and data sheets.
- Liaise with Materials / Corrosion and Welding Engineering SMEs regarding material selection, fabrication and construction and certification of piping systems.
- Perform fitness for service evaluations and code compliance calculations.
- Review and approve the use of online leak sealing techniques.
- Advise on piping vibration concerns and review stress models / analyses.
- Liaise with Procurement and other relevant engineering disciplines regarding design, construction, commissioning and operation of piping systems.
- Check and approve piping design work for projects.
- Perform / review piping & bolt torque calculations.
- Experience of codes used within refining & petrochemicals manufacturing operations, maintenance, fabrication and inspection.
- Deliver piping engineering support in an efficient and cost effective manner to the INEOS OPUK business. This includes Projects, Assets and TAR support.
- Interact appropriately with all internal and external clients.
- Report integrity issues/concerns to Integrity, Asset and Compliance Management.
- The jobholder will provide technical advice to support the INEOS OPUK Grangemouth Management System in meeting PED, PSSR, Pipeline Regulations and COMAH requirements.
Qualifications, knowledge and Skills
- Degree Qualified in Mechanical Engineering
- Chartered Engineer, UK Engineering Council.
- Thorough and detailed knowledge of ASME, API, ISO, EN Codes and Standards including, but not limited to, ASME B31.1, B31.3, B31.4, B31.8, PCC-1, PCC-2, API 579, BS 7910.
- Working knowledge of NDT methodology and applicability
- Recognized as a leader within the Mechanical Engineering community in the business.
- Logical and practical with the ability to think laterally with advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Effective communicator both written and verbal with ability to interact appropriately with all internal and external clients.
- Willingness to be highly visible during difficult issues such as major maintenance and repair events.
- Strong commitment to improvement in SHE performance.
- High level of personal drive, motivation and commitment.
- Wide Range of Benefits including Discounted Private Medical Insurance, travel Insurance, high street discounts etc.
- Up to 20% Discretionary Business Performance Bonus Opportunity
- Scottish Widows Contributory Pension including Employer Contributions
- Employee Referral Bonus Scheme
- Free On-site Gym & Classes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tusker Car Scheme (subject to 12 mth qualification period)
- Ongoing Career Development
Interested candidates should submit their CV via Jobs at INEOS | INEOS Group (ineosopportunities.co.uk) .
Pre-screen (If applicable)
Applicants with a successful CV may be invited to an online MS Teams or telephone call to discuss the role, the organisation and your suitability further.
Successful applicants will then be invited to a formal face-to-face or MS Teams interview which will consist of competency and technical based questions. Depending on the role you are applying for there may be additional assessments relating to the job.
If you are selected as the preferred candidate you will receive a provisional offer which will be subject to a medical assessment and reference checks.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application