INEOS US CHEMICALS COMPANY
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
From soft drink bottles to packaging trays, from clothing to carpet, INEOS Aromatics makes the chemicals used to produce many of the things we use in our daily lives.
Our main products include paraxylene (PX) and purified terephthalic acid (PTA). PTA is a raw material used in the manufacture of polyesters used to make fibers, textiles, film, and polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles. PX is a feedstock for PTA production. We also produce metaxylene, a feedstock for PX production.
We are comprised of a diverse team of engineers, scientists and business professionals dedicated to discovering practices to confront some of the world’s biggest issues. We are looking for people who can contribute to our passion for reinvention, have a collaborative spirit and challenge our thinking in our ambition to achieve net zero.
We care about how we deliver these essential products to the world. Above everything, the safety, reliability, and excellence in our operations is fundamental to our success.
Our sites and offices can be found around the world, in the United States, United Kingdom, China, Belgium, Indonesia and Taiwan.
Pilot Plant Technician
The Pilot Plant Technician is primarily responsible for operating the Infinia pilot plant designed to
develop process technology for enhanced recycling of polyethylene terephthalate (PET) plastic.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Operate pilot plant, conducting experiments designed to develop technology for enhanced recycling of PET plastic. Experimental work involves pilot plant process operations involving high temperatures and pressures, acids, bases, compressed gases, toxic and flammable materials, chemicals, and hazardous waste.
- Carry out experiments; record and report experimental results, both verbally and in
writing; analyze data for accuracy and consistency; enter data into an electronic lab
notebook and Excel spreadsheets; calculate material balances; perform stoichiometric
- Assemble equipment and perform regular maintenance.
- Act as a liaison with the analytical team to coordinate sample analyses.
- Adhere to safe operating practices and procedures.
- Participate in safety assurance processes including audits, self-verifications and
inspections; maintain required compliance records; and complete assigned corrective
actions by the due date.
- Maintain a focus on personal safety and the safety of others; follow all health and safety
procedures; and respond to emergencies as per established procedures.
- Actively participate in team meetings, safety reviews and training.
- Work closely with other members of the team and technologists directing the experimental work.
- Conduct required inspections and maintenance and maintain an orderly work area.
- Support an inclusive work environment and show respect for others.
- Demonstrate continued learning and application of new skills.
- Organize work and time to manage multiple responsibilities.
- Protect INEOS know-how and confidential information.
- The position requires working shifts on nights and weekends, with occasional overtime, and may be required to respond to emergency call-outs.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a laboratory/research or manufacturing setting.
- Knowledgeable about safe chemical handling procedures and use of Safety Data Sheets.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong general computer and software application skills
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders, stand for multiple hours and lift materials/equipment
weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to physically wear and utilize personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: respirator, gloves, FRC lab coat or coveralls, hard hat, safety shoes, safety glasses, goggles, face shield.
Competencies / Behavioral Skills:
- Safety champion
- Good people management skills (leadership, delegation, networking and influencing)
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills (upward, lateral, and downward and externally).
- Strong collaboration abilities.
- Strong bias for action to identify potential problems and co-ordinate their resolution before they become an issue.
- Ability to manage work priorities to deliver safe, reliable, competitive operating performance in a demanding work environment.
Safety remains and always will be our number one priority in INEOS. Our US locations now require all new hires to provide one of the following as a condition of employment:
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination, or
- Willingness to obtain the vaccine before hire date (under this option, proof of vaccination is a condition to any offer of employment and must be provided prior to commencement of employment), or
- Validation of your religious or medical exemption
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
INEOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.