Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Visit YouTube to watch a short introduction to INEOS Aromatics.
INEOS Aromatics is a global chemical manufacturing company that produces products the polyester industry uses to make many of the things we use in our daily lives, such as clothes, carpets, furniture, automotive parts and food packaging.
We employ 1,300 employees in sites in the United States, United Kingdom, Mainland China, Belgium, Indonesia and Taiwan, with annual sales of $4 billion. Our diverse team of engineers, scientists and business professionals is dedicated to discovering solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges. For example, learn more about the potentially game-changing plastic recycling technology, Infinia, we are developing in Illinois.
We care about how we deliver these essential products to the world. Our business has been proud to lead the global polyester industry towards a more sustainable future for some time. Above everything, the safety, reliability and excellence of our operations is fundamental to what we do.
We are looking for people who share our passion for excellence, collaboration and innovation. In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a competitive benefits package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K match (up to 9%), STD/LTD, paid dependent care days, Life Insurance/Accidental Death and Dismemberment, 9 paid holidays, 2 personal days and paid vacation.
INEOS Aromatics is part of INEOS, formed in 1998 and already one of the world’s most successful companies, with an annual turnover of over $60 billion and 25,000 employees - over 5,000 of them in the US. INEOS is also one of the safest manufacturing companies in the world, nothing is more important to us.
Pilot Plant Operator
The Pilot Plant Operator is primarily responsible for operating the pilot plant designed to develop process technology for enhanced recycling of polyethylene terephthalate (PET) plastic.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Operate pilot plant, conducting experimental trials designed to develop technology for enhanced recycling of PET plastic. Experimental work involves pilot plant process operations involving high temperatures and pressures, acids, bases, compressed gases, toxic and flammable materials, chemicals, and hazardous waste.
- Operate equipment according to the Standard Operating Procedures and the experimental plan, monitoring process conditions and ensuring stable operation.
- Conduct routine sampling and operating rounds of the unit, troubleshoot operational problems, and respond to changes in the unit operating condition.
- Demonstrate creative trouble-shooting skills to achieve high reliability of the pilot plant.
- Ability to read P&IDs and develop LOTOs and job risk assessments.
- Assemble equipment and perform regular maintenance.
- Adhere to safe operating practices and procedures.
- Maintain a focus on personal safety and the safety of others; follow all health and safety procedures; and respond to emergencies as per established procedures.
- Actively participate in team meetings, safety reviews and training.
- Work closely with other members of the team and technologists directing the experimental work; maintaining accurate shift logs and conducting shift handovers.
- Conduct required inspections and maintenance and maintain an orderly work area.
- Support an inclusive work environment and show respect for others.
- Demonstrate continued learning and application of new skills.
- Organize work and time to manage multiple responsibilities.
- Protect INEOS know-how and confidential information.
- The position requires working shifts on nights and weekends, with occasional overtime, and may be required to respond to emergency call-outs.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering with a minimum of 2 years work experience in a manufacturing or pilot plant setting.
- Or 10 years work experience in a manufacturing or pilot plant setting
- Familiarity with the operating principles of complex manufacturing processes and ability to manage multiple interacting units.
- Demonstrated ability to operate equipment and/or complex processes using a DCS or PLC.
- Knowledgeable about safe chemical handling procedures and use of Safety Data Sheets.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong general computer and software application skills
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders, stand for multiple hours and lift materials/equipment weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to read P&IDs, and develop LOTOs and job risk assessments
Competencies / Behavioral Skills:
- Safety champion
- Good people management skills (leadership, delegation, networking and influencing)
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills (upward, lateral, and downward and externally).
- Strong collaboration abilities.
- Strong bias for action to identify potential problems and co-ordinate their resolution before they become an issue.
- Ability to manage work priorities to deliver safe, reliable, competitive operating performance in a demanding work environment.
Safety remains and always will be our number one priority in INEOS. Our US locations now require all new hires to provide one of the following as a condition of employment:
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination, or
- Willingness to obtain the vaccine before hire date (under this option, proof of vaccination is a condition to any offer of employment and must be provided prior to commencement of employment), or
- Validation of your religious or medical exemption
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
INEOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.