INEOS NITRILES USA LLC
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Organizational context and Job Purpose
INEOS Nitriles is a global chemicals business with sales volume of 1200 kte and revenue in excess of $3 billion. The Nitriles business has 2 manufacturing operations in the US and 1 in Europe along with offices and headquarters in Rolle, Switzerland and Aurora, Illinois near Chicago. The Nitriles Business primary products include acrylonitrile, hydrogen cyanide, and acetonitrile. Additionally, Nitriles also has a manufacturing operation that produces catalyst for internal use at the Lima Site, globally within Ineos, and for other Acrylonitrile producers. The INEOS Nitriles Plant at Lima is part of an industrial campus which includes a refinery and chemical complex. INEOS share services, utilities, products, and feedstocks with four adjacent manufacturing facilities: Nutrien (ammonia, urea, nitric acid), Fort Amanda Specialties (chelates), Ashland (1,4-butanediol), and Cenovus Refining (propylene, fuels, and refined oil products).
The Total Quality Management System shall be incorporated into all job activities. All job activities should be executed in a safe and efficient manner consistent with the INEOS 20 Principles.
INEOS developed the acrylonitrile process and catalyst and has demonstrated its leadership position via technology and catalyst improvements over the past 40 years. The AN Pilot Plant Coordinator is part of the AN/MAN Research and Development Team, located in Aurora, IL. The AN Pilot Plant Coordinator works reports to the Nitriles Pilot Plant Manager.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide SHE leadership
- Lead and implement the INEOS 20 principles
- Organize / chair monthly safety meetings
- Organize / track monthly area inspections, Monthly SHE Reporting
- Maintain MSDS database & hard copy files
- Work Space Audits oversight: address/assign action items, follow up
- Shutdown testing, GFCI testing, mechanical integrity testing, etc.
- Relief Valve and equipment system management
- PSR oversight: participate, address action items, closing documentation
- Maintain CIS system
- Provide leadership in developing and improving pilot plant operations and maintenance
- Identify and champion ways to create value.
- Identify gaps and challenges to achieving reliable and efficient unit operations, reduced operating cost, and overall business optimization.
- Identify options to address gaps
- Provide daily unit troubleshooting or secure resources needed to troubleshoot
- Assign and oversee equipment maintenance using staff and 3rd parties
- Verify compliance with LOTO, Permitting; Roof, Confined Space, Hot Work, “Ready for Work” procedures / tagging
- Manage reactor maintenance and certifications, parts inventory and tracking all maintenance via R & M Spreadsheets
- Plan and manage work schedule for Operations staff
- Manage conflicts
- Manage OT requirements
- Schedule Training
- Optimize work loads
- Set Quarterly Goals and Reviews
- Coach and mentor as required
- Plan and implement training program to cross train Pilot Plant Technicians on catalyst making and catalyst testing equipment
- Work with Admins/Purchasing/Procurement to provide supplies on Pilot Plants
- SAP/ Requisitions
- Monitor approval assurance
- Maintain tools and equipment budget
- Participate in development of 5-year capital plan.
- Implement Special Projects with Engineers
- Ensure sharing of best practices across Naperville Groups.
Skills & Knowledge Required
In compliance with INEOS COVID protocols, candidate must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past last dose of COVID vaccine) prior to start date.
The ideal candidate will have 10 years of operating experience, including people management, on a pilot plant or manufacturing unit. Competency with Microsoft office applications is a must and SAP knowledge is a plus.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associates or technical degree preferred.
- 10 years of operating experience, at a pilot plant or manufacturing unit.
- Solid base of relevant technical background
- Independently able to represent the company views in internal and external interactions
- Influences others through expertise, experience and a track record of good recommendations
- Independently delivers timely, accurate findings and recommendations
- Participates in information sharing and continuous improvement across work groups
- Identifies functional skill needs and improves capabilities across work group
- Develops a culture of strong cooperation, good team player
- A go-to person for tough issues
- Anticipates potential problems and works to resolve
- Challenges traditional thinking or methods in work area
- Balances logic and intuition to take appropriate risks
- Seen as a resource for others
- Ability to build and maintain interpersonal relationships with a variety of people
- Has excellent written and verbal skills
Expected Salary Range:
$89,000 to $105,000 based on skills and experience
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application