INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
and job purpose
Headquartered in League City, TX, INEOS Olefins and Polymers USA is one of the largest producers of Olefins and Polyolefins in North America. Ineos produces high-density polyethylene and polypropylene from one of its manufacturing locations at Battleground Manufacturing Complex.
The O&P USA business includes the product lines Ethylene, Propylene, Butadiene, Polypropylene and Polyethylene. Manufacturing sites include Chocolate Bayou Works (Alvin, TX), Battleground Manufacturing Complex (La Porte, TX), and Carson (Carson, CA), with a division office in League City, TX.
The Main Purpose of the Role:
- Coordinates transit and fulfillment management of rail car deliveries to packaging terminal locations for subsequent van shipments to customers.
- Coordinate intra-company import and export deliveries to the packaging warehouse and their fulfillment in the specified package type to final customer.
- Manages packaging performance activity to include supporting inventory management of packaged products
- Manages packaging performance activity and inventory management of packaging materials
- Packaging system optimization and discrete optimization for specific business opportunities and to reduce logistics operations costs.
- Managing packaging scheduling
- Intervention and problem resolution
- New service provider or packaging material provider qualification
- Safety and operational audits of packaging terminals to include SHEQ monitoring and coordination
- Customer complaint investigation and resolution
- Performance management of packaging providers against contract positions and agreed operating metrics
- Provides leadership and vision to identify and implement significant improvements in the way Supply Chain operates and internal and external customer expectations are met.
- Establishes effective relationships with Manufacturing, Product Management, Sales, Customer Service, Logistics Operations, Production Scheduling and Site Logistics.
- Aligns functional plans to support Supply Chain operating strategies and performance.
- Ensures front, mid, and back office data is maintained to insure that standardized and efficient processes are supported.
- Leads efforts to compile, analyze and optimize packaging data and metrics.
- Builds and uses data visibility tools and advanced analytics to coordinate transportation and demand management planning. Able to utilize Tableau visualization software to develop Supply Chain dashboards for operational execution and monitoring.
- Requires the ability to schedule and set priorities with Supply Chain Operations, service providers and related teams which balances total cost and operations performance with the benefits to Supply Chain Operations and the Business Teams.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
The position is accountable for understanding and putting into practice the INEOS 20 Principles.
Safety, Health. Environmental and Quality (SHEQ)
- Promote, ensure and sustain commitment to manage supply chain operations with no harm to people, property and the environment by
- Demonstrates SHEQ and Operations Leadership.
- Support and lead logistics operations SHEQ activities, meetings, and inspections to ensure compliance with Supply Chain policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance of Management of Change (MOC) and Safety action items.
- Supports the quality management process and participates in the day-to-day activities of Supply Chain to ensure operations meet or exceed the requirements of customers.
- Facilitate/prioritize the activities of Packaging Terminals to meet the performance goals for Supply Chain Operations and the Business.
- Monitor and facilitate performance management of Supply Chain service providers on variable cost and operating metrics.
- Interface with Finance and Control to insure compliance with DOA and overall AP objectives for the Business.
- Actively share lessons in operations performance and best operating practices across the Supply Chain organization to include other functional areas and site logistics, import/export and packaging.
- Identify improvement opportunities in the areas of Safety, Reliability, and Productivity and Cost Reduction.
- Creative management of external services.
- Serve on function/business teams as needed representing area of responsibility.
- Provide a leadership and company focus for external service providers and suppliers as assigned.
Data and Optimization Responsibilities
- Supports the Supply Chain Operations Manager and the Logistics Operations Manager regarding optimization and improvement activities through data visualization tools and advanced analytics.
Skills & Knowledge Required
Level of education & Experience in general
Lower Level: BA/BS or equivalent in Logistics or Supply Chain Management preferred. Will consider other business/engineering or related degrees. One to Five years of experience in supply chain operations is advantageous, including a working knowledge of transportation systems, SAP, Order to Cash processes and Tableau.
Upper Level: BA/BS or equivalent in Logistics or Supply Chain Management but will consider other business/engineering or related degrees (in lieu of degree, substantial work experience in logistics or supply chain management can suffice). Must have significant experience with and a working knowledge of transportation systems, SAP, Order to Cash processes and Tableau. Significant experience (5+ years) in supply chain operations is advantageous.
- Strongly developed interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strongly developed Excel skills including pivot tables, macros, formatting and complex formulas to generate advanced analytics and decision support.
- Tableau skills are advantageous
- Ability to lead diverse groups of people successfully through influence.
- Negotiating skills against established performance metrics.
- Able to compile, optimize and analyze data effectively. Leading to substantive recommendations for improvement.
- Possesses some experience driving performance and accountability.
- Some operations knowledge and ability to learn and stay abreast of industry changes.
- Strong demonstrated ability to manage, progress and deliver multiple and competing priorities.
- Able to effect change by challenging the status quo and championing improvement initiatives. Has an improvement and inquisitive mindset.
- Proven commitment and delivery of SHEQ compliance and advancement.
- Ability to positively influence others/promote philosophy.
- Defines personal success in terms of the whole team.
- Makes timely and effective decisions, includes use of good judgment and consideration of proper balance between benefits/risks.
- Creates strong morale and spirit, feeling of belonging in team, broadly shares both routine and important tasks.
- Has a strong work ethic. Willing to go the extra mile as needed, including after-hours effort as needed to meet key deadlines.
Applicants must be fully vaccinated.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.