Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Visit YouTube to watch a short introduction to INEOS Aromatics.
INEOS Aromatics is a global chemical manufacturing company that produces products the polyester industry uses to make many of the things we use in our daily lives, such as clothes, carpets, furniture, automotive parts and food packaging.
We employ 1,300 employees in sites in the United States, United Kingdom, Mainland China, Belgium, Indonesia and Taiwan, with annual sales of $4 billion. Our diverse team of engineers, scientists and business professionals is dedicated to discovering solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges. For example, learn more about the potentially game-changing plastic recycling technology, Infinia, we are developing in Illinois.
We care about how we deliver these essential products to the world. Our business has been proud to lead the global polyester industry towards a more sustainable future for some time. Above everything, the safety, reliability and excellence of our operations is fundamental to what we do.
We are looking for people who share our passion for excellence, collaboration and innovation. In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a competitive benefits package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K match (up to 9%), STD/LTD, paid dependent care days, Life Insurance/Accidental Death and Dismemberment, 9 paid holidays, 2 personal days and paid vacation.
INEOS Aromatics is part of INEOS, formed in 1998 and already one of the world’s most successful companies, with an annual turnover of over $60 billion and 25,000 employees - over 5,000 of them in the US. INEOS is also one of the safest manufacturing companies in the world, nothing is more important to us.
Asset I&E Engineer
JOB PURPOSE: The primary responsibilities of the Asset I&E Engineer are to provide technical support to the operating units and maintenance craftsmen, to address short-term reliability problems, to perform root cause failure analysis and to provide turnaround support. The incumbent will also support the Senior Discipline Engineer with the implementation of long-term reliability plans, review capital project design for projects in their units, and manage small capital and plant expense projects.
COMPENSATION GRADE: H33
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to the Unit Operations Superintendent
JOB DIMENSIONS: This position does not have budgetary spending authority.
- Routinely monitor operation of equipment in assigned areas and address emerging issues.
- Monitor the performance and operation of instrument and electrical equipment throughout the unit; identify causes of unreliability and propose solutions to meet site goals.
- Provide technical support for instrument and electrical equipment maintenance work.
- Provide technical support for all emergency/after-hours work that requires troubleshooting and scope definition.
- Identify cost savings opportunities for assigned areas.
- Perform instrument and electrical design and issue construction packages for implementation.
- Provide instrument and electrical design review on the Front-End Loading stages of Capital Expenditure projects to ensure that final product meets site requirements.
- Manage plant expense projects and small capital projects.
- Conduct and/or support formal root cause failure analysis.
- Identify, review, and develop turnaround scope for assigned areas.
- Support turnaround field work to ensure quality and compliance with construction packages.
- Support planned and unplanned unit shutdowns and startups as necessary.
- Participate in Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) for MOC’s and unit revalidations.
- Assist with the development/updates of maintenance procedures.
- Adhere to the MOC process for field/shop modifications and operating parameter changes.
- Assist with training of Maintenance and Operations personnel on modifications to equipment.
- Work with operations, production planning and maintenance to implement reliability improvements.
- Create and revise preventive maintenance procedures as necessary.
- Participate in incident investigations.
- Communicate the job scope to Maintenance Job Reps for contract work.
- Complete special projects as requested.
- Understand how the work of the Asset Team affects the environment. Support your area to minimize impact on the environment. Support the site Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Compliance with and promotion of different behavioral and process safety initiatives and measures – supporting 20 INEOS SHE Principles, IGGN’s, SHE KPI’s, risk assessments, etc. These initiatives are reviewed on yearly appraisals.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering required.
- 3+ years of experience as a maintenance/reliability engineer in a plant environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills in English
CORE & FOUNDATION COMPETENCIES:
- Action Oriented: Action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging.
- Command Skills - Relishes leading; takes unpopular stands if necessary; encourages direct and tough debate but isn’t afraid to end it and move on; is looked to for direction in a crisis.
- Creativity: Generates new unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tend to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Communication: Is an excellent communicator; actively listens and can extract critical information to assist in developing solutions; is clear and concise in recommendations.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Decision Quality: Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Managing Work: Can successfully manage multiple priorities and deliver high quality work.
- Planning: Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and project; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedule and task; measure performance against goals; evaluates results.
- Priority Setting: Spends time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; eliminates roadblocks.
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; can see hidden problems; looks beyond obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Teamwork: Actively builds networks to enhance effectiveness in delivering objectives; shares knowledge.
- Quality of Work Output: Exceptional quality of service provided in terms of errors, waste, and rework; Required to meet high standards.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
Safety remains and always will be our number one priority in INEOS. Our US locations now require all new hires to provide one of the following as a condition of employment:
• Proof of Covid-19 vaccination, or
• Willingness to obtain the vaccine before hire date (under this option, proof of vaccination is a condition to any offer of employment and must be provided prior to commencement of employment), or
• Validation of your religious or medical exemption
INEOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application