INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
INEOS Olefins and Polymers USA
July 11, 2022
Organizational context and job purpose
The Chocolate Bayou Works site is located in South-eastern Texas about 40 miles South of Houston and consists of two Olefin units that produce approximately 3bn pounds/year of ethylene, 2 Polypropylene units that produce approximately 800m pounds/year of polypropylene, storage and transfer facilities at Stratton Ridge. The Site also provides knowledge sharing support and functional guidance through relationships with the PE / PP facilities at Battleground and the Hobbs gas processing facility in New Mexico, with the headquarters located in League City, TX.
Purpose of the job:
Single point of accountability for the site’s inspection department software. Perform final review of all inspection reports prior to updating in inspection software. Work with the INEOS Unit Inspectors to ensure the inspectors are capturing all the needed inspection information to properly grade the inspection effectiveness. Perform final review of all corrosion monitoring information prior to updating. Take ownership of the site’s monthly compliance report run the reports needed and prepare each month for review by the Chief Inspector, Reliability Superintendent and the Maintenance and Engineering Manager.
This position provides technical support to the Inspection Team. In addition to reviewing, grading, filing inspection reports, Entering findings, notifications in PCMS, Updating inspection isometric drawings, issuing the site’s monthly compliance reports, establishing pipe circuits and working on special projects. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in current practices or procedures.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
Accountability 1: SHE Stewardship
- The position is accountable for understanding and putting into practice the INEOS 20 Principles. Additionally, this position has a special responsibility to cascade the understanding of these principles throughout their work group.
- Leads by example and ensures work group is in compliance with CBW SHE policies and procedures.
- Leads the work group’s efforts in promoting and demonstrating safe behaviors through personal and team participation in SHE activities including incident investigations, HAZOP's, audits, observations, housekeeping and in reviewing team and others' safety incidents and near misses.
- Stay current in VTA assignments.
- Promote individual and team safety by participating in department and unit safety meetings.
Accountability 2: Coordinator Duties
- Inspection site software single point of accountability
- Final review of inspection reports
- Assist in RBI assessments
- Final review of all corrosion monitoring and inspection reports.
- Enter inspection notifications with properly assigned priorities into SAP.
- Update inspection software with current inspection efforts.
- Enter inspection findings into PCMS.
- Work with the Chief Inspector to stream line the software updating process.
- Develop enhanced system for tracking and updating temporary repairs.
- Set-up new equipment from various projects in PCMS.
- Work with inspection team members to stream line the flow of inspection reports through the inspection team.
- Help and produce requested records during site and department audits.
- Work with the Chief Inspector to update the monthly inspection KPI’s
- Handle requests for information and data
- Prepare and distribute inspection compliance schedule to site supervision
- Run schedules and build packages for the work to be performed in the field.
- Perform any special tasks as requested by Chief Inspector or upper site management.
- File and manage PMI reports
Skills & Knowledge Required
- High school diploma, AA degree preferred.
- 5 years of Inspection related, in inspection activities and programs such as Risk Based Inspection (RBI), Inspection Software (PCMS) and SAP experience, in a petrochemical, chemical, or Oil and Gas industries.
- Solid computer skills in MSOffice suite, including PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint.
Most Important Skills & Knowledge
- PCMS Software
- RBI API 580 certification preferred
- Excellent listening skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously under strict deadlines
- Have excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Communication skills - written and verbal
- Planning and organizing
- Problem assessment and problem solving
- Information gathering and information monitoring
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.