INEOS US CHEMICALS COMPANY
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
The Optimization Engineer (OE) position provides daily technical service expertise, guidance and support to a manufacturing unit in order to successfully achieve plan strategy milestones, work group goals, and to optimize unit operations. Routinely monitors the process to ensure reliable operation with respect to safety and manufacturing cost. Suggests and sponsors process changes within the normal operating range to minimize cost and downtime. Sponsors and champions changes using the MOC system to make changes outside of the normal operating range. Develops, designs, and implements process changes to fully utilize and optimize the process unit. The position also assists manufacturing efforts involved in production planning, unit strategy, and unit training.
▪ Ensures optimized, reliable, safe and compliant operations of the process units through day-to-day unit troubleshooting and technical assistance.
▪ Understand how the work of the OE team affects the environment. Support your area to minimize impact on the environment. Support the site Environmental Management System (EMS).
▪ Uphold the site’s INEOS commitment to health, safety, and security. Support your area to uphold the site’s INEOS HSSE policy. Support the site Local Operating Management System (LOMS).
▪ Monitors process equipment and provides input to meet reliability targets.
▪ Optimizes variable costs by leveraging technical knowledge and a proactive approach to energy management.
▪ Conducts plant tests and heat & mass balances to maintain accurate models and identify deterioration of the asset capability.
▪ Networks with other manufacturing sites to leverage resources and share best practices.
▪ Analyzes the variance between the commercial plan and actual performance and assists the team in closing the variance.
▪ Identifies and communicates the commercial impact of the under-performance of equipment.
▪ Supports turnaround planning and execution.
▪ Supports the innovation process for the unit by identifying and initiating growth and innovation projects.
▪ Provides technical input into regulatory and sustaining projects as requested and evaluates, recommends and helps implement best practice technology to process operations.
▪ Participates in incident investigations and HAZOPs and supports reporting and verification activities for safety and environmental compliance (Title V).
▪ Provides a technical review of procedures and maintains the unit operating envelope.
▪ Provides assistance in preparation for unit TAR.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
▪ Degree required: BS degree in engineering or related discipline preferred
▪ Number of Years Experience Preferred for Entry: 0-3 years in plant operations
▪ Number of Years Experience Required for Competency: 3+ years
▪ Must have excellent verbal and written skills in English
CORE & FOUNDATION COMPETENCIES:
▪ Performance Bias
▪ Business Insight
▪ Taking the Lead
▪ Interpersonal Skills
▪ Digital Skills
▪ Financial Skills
▪ Process/Chemical Engineering Technical Discipline
▪ Process Technologies Technical Discipline
▪ Process Technology
▪ Instrumentation & Control
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
INEOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
Safety remains and always will be our number one priority in INEOS. Our US locations now require all new hires to provide one of the following as a condition of employment:
• Proof of Covid-19 vaccination, or
• Willingness to obtain the vaccine before hire date (under this option, proof of vaccination is a condition to any offer of employment and must be provided prior to commencement of employment), or
• Validation of your religious or medical exemption
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance. On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.