At INEOS Pigments, we value the contribution of our people in making us one of the largest producers of titanium dioxide in North America and providing numerous products and services to industries around the globe, from coatings to plastics to paper and other end-uses. We invest in employee development and offer a wide range of career opportunities, allowing everyone to broaden their experience and build a professionally rewarding career.
About The Role
This role provides oversight to all aspects of manufacturing operations in the area. The Operations Superintendent is accountable for managing a team to deliver safety, reliability, quality, compliance, and cost performance in support of business strategies and objectives. This role is also responsible for setting expectations, coaching, and developing unit personnel consistent with the objectives above. The position is classified as a Safety Critical role.
Key activities include:
- Acting as a champion for the INEOS Pigments' 20 Principles of Process and Behavioural Safety, as well as the Life-Saving Rules
- Ensure that process systems are operated following safe operating procedures
- Ensure robust, secure work systems are in place and hazard assessments are performed (both process and behavioral)
- Ensure operations systems and personnel are prepared to respond to site emergencies
- Assure compliance with environmental permits and legal regulations
- Ensure assets are maintained to operate within their designed parameters and appropriate standards
- Plan, coordinate, and monitor the activities of the Operations team to ensure safety, production and quality targets are met following company policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Provide leadership, guidance, coaching, and decision-making to ensure employees understand company goals and have the knowledge and resources to accomplish them
- Utilize manufacturing engineer and other resources to troubleshoot production issues and work toward resolution collaboratively and effectively; this includes reporting process deviations, evaluating equipment failures and hazards, and assisting in plant investigations and problem resolution.
- Manage personnel (including performance, compensation, succession planning, and discipline)
- Maintain and foster collaborative efforts with production, maintenance, reliability, engineering, and other technical resource teams to identify, share, implement and maintain best practices
- Help to prioritize maintenance activities and execute Workflow procedures.
- Oversee planned maintenance activities, project engineering, and technical improvements in the area
- Set and meet budget requirements by efficiently managing resources, inventories, and raw materials
- Report on operational performance and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
- Reconcile daily production, working with the area Operators, Process Specialist, PMC, Manufacturing Engineer, and Production clerk
- Other duties as assigned
You should possess the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent (required)
- Bachelor of Science degree (preferred)
- A minimum of 10 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment Experience as a supervisor/manager, with a highly developed knowledge of operations
- Leadership/management skills
- Working knowledge of chemical/industrial equipment function, design, and regulatory requirements and Process Safety Management
- Understanding of chemistry and physics
- ISO System and procedures knowledge
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office, SAP)
- Six Sigma training a plus
This is a salaried exempt, day shift position
Our Ashtabula, Ohio Complex, consisting of two plants just south of Lake Erie, is a state-of-the-art manufacturing complex with leading technology and more than 45 years of manufacturing excellence.
INEOS Pigments offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus and a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability with the buy-up option, basic life & AD&D insurance with a buy-up option for self and dependents, 401(k) with company match.
INEOS Pigments is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please click here for more information about "EEO is the Law" and supplement.
INEOS Pigments is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential function of a position, please send an e-mail to email@example.com call