The Forties Pipeline System (FPS) is 100% INEOS owned and predominantly serves the central area of the North Sea. FPS has a nominal capacity in excess of one million barrels per day.
FPS transports crude oil and Natural Gas Liquids (NGLs) from ovr 50 offshore fields (including the St Fergus terminal) to the Kinneil terminal in Grangemouth. The crude and NGL products are stabilised at Kinneil where majority of the stabilised crude oil is then sent to the Dalmeny and Hound Point (DHP) terminal for tanker export.
Associated gas is also processed at Kinneil into dry gas (exported to the Grangemouth refinery) and propane plus butane which is sent for LPG export.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the post holder will provide operational expertise required for delivery of the operating/maintenance plan and longer term asset strategy. Co-ordinate all functions and provide leadership to ensure safe, reliable and optimised delivery of the agreed plant production plan.
- Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to the shift operating teams for the plant to ensure its safe and efficient operation within design operating envelopes.
- Develop, maintain and audit use of all technical and operating information and documentation required for the plant area.
- Audit Asset operating standards through leading level 1 assurance reviews to ensure operation within Site and Regulatory requirements
- Set internal priorities/demand for maintenance and technical support to ensure plant integrity and availability to safely deliver the plant production plan.
- Monitor plant operations, diagnose adverse trends, define and implement corrective actions to achieve short and long term operating performance targets.
- Deliver the recovery of the plant from planned and unplanned interventions / outages.
- Ensure that root cause analysis and troubleshooting are carried out and to provide expertise and immediate support for the solving of plant unavailability or production losses
- Develop and manage process documentation to allow safe operation and release/handback/ recommissioning for all maintenance activities including Operating Instructions, Trip Override Risk Assessments, Isolation Plans and Release Procedures.
- Train operating teams and supervisors in revised instructions and procedures to ensure safe and efficient implementation
- Input to activity planning processes to maintain plant integrity and reliability whilst minimising impact on production and cost.
- Identify opportunities to improve plant availability or variable cost performance. Develop and implement solutions where appropriate or work with discipline engineers as required.
- Specify turnaround workscope requirements for plant area.
- Act as Turnaround Operations Lead when assigned, leading operations elements of event through planning, workscope implementation, pre-commissioning and re-commissioning phases
- Act as Asset Representative for Project activities – setting technical/operational requirements for project and managing interface with asset activities for planning, construction and commissioning.
- Job holder could be expected to be part of the Grangemouth Site IMT (formal rota).
- Requirement to be contactable out of hours.
- Some periods of inconvenience to support planned and unplanned plant outages.
Qualifications and technical experience
- Graduate qualified with >5 years’ experience or significant experience in Oil and Gas Operations.
- Proven technical/operational troubleshooting skills.
- Strong knowledge of all relevant Manufacturing disciplines – Mech, I/E, Control, DCS, Maintenance.
- Detailed knowledge of site standards and legislative requirements relevant to Manufacturing activities.
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams (without line management accountability).
- Strong and wise decision making skills, both within and outwith area of direct expertise.
- Proven ability to coach and develop supervisor/technician personnel.
- High level of communication skills, dealing with all levels in the organisation.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their CV and click apply button