INEOS Composites US LLC
Are you interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference? Our culture is one of honesty, integrity and transparency with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.
On our team people are acknowledged for embracing new ideas that help create real value for customers. Let’s get there together.
INEOS has an exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager to join our INEOS Composites LLC business at our Neville Island, PA location. This is a very visible, significant role within the Company and manages all aspects relating to the operation of the Neville Island site. This position will report to the Plant Manager.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Champion for the Culture of Prevention
- Safe, secure, legally compliant and reliable operation of the Pittsburgh operations group:
- Strict compliance with INEOS 20 Principles
- Strict compliance with OSHA PSM and other applicable US Laws.
- Operate in compliance with ISO standards.
- Maintain and review operational reliability data.
- Review and prioritize open work orders with maintenance group.
- Coordinate, manage and monitor all production activities, including production scheduling and liaise with purchasing/logistics
- Supervise and direct activities of the Process Engineer, Scheduler, Manufacturing Supervisors and hourly personnel to ensure a safe and efficient operation. Establish work schedules, monitor, and evaluate performance
- Labor relations with hourly personnel and union including employee satisfaction improvement, payroll and benefits issues, progressive disciplinary process and attendance issues
- Hiring and training of Manufacturing Supervisors and Operators as needed
- Maintenance of operating procedures and work instructions for the operations department. Including annual procedure review process
- Improve processes and procedures to support organizational goals and drive continuous improvement initiatives for safety, productivity, and employee satisfaction for the operations department
- Maintain high standards for safety and housekeeping in all areas of the plant
- Maintain adequate operating supplies and budget guidelines
- Drive operational improvements to reduce inventory variances, with a focus on bulk inventories
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategic plans for operational activity
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related discipline; preferably Chemical Engineering
- Experience: 10+ years of experience preferred with 3-5 years of experience in a batch chemical manufacturing environment
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel); MS Access experience a plus
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills are a must
- Applicant must be authorized to work in the United States
- All new hires will be required to become fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment unless they are entitled to a reasonable accommodation
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- Supervisory/management experience in a union environment preferred.
- Experience in implementing process improvement initiatives.
- Experience with plant automation.
- Experience writing procedures and work instructions.
- Experience in quality control and quality issues preferred.
- Experience with developing and implementing safety programs is desirable.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application