Responsible for the overall asset integrity, safe and sustainable operation and full compliance with all governmental laws and SHE-policies
Most important activities:
- Serve as site Champion for INEOS 20 Principles and Life Saving Rules
- Follow-up of SHE Legislation to ensure compliance
- Provide resources for promoting and upholding the SHE performance in accordance with the behavioural and process safety directive.
- Ensure training for the personnel according to their job requirements.
- Implement and monitor a comprehensive SHE management system including audits, corrective and preventive action tracking, report and investigation of incidents, process and occupational risk assessment and management of change.
- Ensure proper risk assessments and validates that PSM, MOC, and PHA processes are being initiated and completed appropriately
- Develop and execute emergency plans consistent with corporate directives and chemical industry best practice.
Meet Operating Goals for the Ningbo Plant Organization
- Implement operating, maintenance, CAPEX and HR strategies to drive asset integrity.
- Develop and monitor operating performance using key metrics.
- Ensure both cost control (adherence to budget) and cost leadership (focus on driving out costs). Develop, resource and implement cost reduction strategies as well as value generation activities (volumes, quality, etc)
- Meet production targets in accordance with the business plan.
- Secure product quality.
- Develop, resource and implement Availability improvement strategies.
- Benchmark competitor activity to stay within first quartile performance across the site.
Relationship Management: Stewardship of People / Community Relations
Most important activities:
- Identify the resource levels related to the operations (direct manpower, direct maintenance) to guarantee safe and reliable operations of assets.
- Instilling strong performance for all employees through development of site vision, strategy and institutionalizing a Performance Management Process.
- Engagement of workforce - Communicate business and site direction in ways that keep employees informed and committed to driving toward mastering of tasks and best performance.
- Ensure fair and equitable treatment of all employees and ensure that all regulatory requirements are met.
- Supervise, coach, and mentor direct reports. Monitor cascade of leadership and management competencies throughout the organization.
- Conduct succession planning - Long term Workforce Capability.
- Develop overall employee competencies.
- Define and execute resourcing related to training and development.
Meet commitments between business and customers in the most efficient manner – Customer Satisfaction.
Most important activities:
- Meet established objectives in the areas of Manufacturing, Quality and Customer Satisfaction - Ship product on time and within specification.
- Report any production issue or product non-conformity with impact on customer satisfaction or delivery reliability on short notice to the business management.
- Provide reliable input on production reporting to global Ineos Styrolution and FC&A
- Maintain and follow site quality processes and policies.
Accountability 5 (During Project Execution):
- Delivery of best-in-class SHE Performance through effective engineering design by participating in all phases of basic and detailed engineering for the project including P&ID development, HAZOP, 3D model reviews etc. Ensure that the plant design at the early phases incorporates equipment startup, shutdown and maintenance needs and that later design changes are minimized.
- Work with engineering to develop Standard Operating Procedures, Normal Operating ranges, and Safe Operating Conditions in support of the plant’s Process Safety Management effort.
- Develops operating and startup/shutdown and Decontamination procedures for the plant.
- Assist in the staffing process for plant personnel.
- Actively participate in assessing, designing, developing and delivering start up training for new employees, including certification process.
- Provide technical support to the operations team during preparation for start-up and up to normal operation.
- Coordination of Peer Reviews and Peer Assists as required.
Level of education & Experience in general
Degree in chemical or mechanical engineering with 10 years of experience in a production environment.
5 years operations leadership experience preferred
Strong business acumen is desired
Applied engineering and manufacturing management skills, including process optimization, troubleshooting, engineering design, and project management/execution.
Budgeting and cost control.
Economic analysis in support of business decisions.
SHE leadership, including deep understanding of Process and Occupational Safety Management
Requires strong leadership and delegation skills.
High level of influence skills and persuasiveness - creates vision and enrolls the broader organization in support of that vision.
Entrepreneurial spirit in innovating (e.g. performing plant trials, process and product development) and increasing efficiency and productivity in general.
Develops a sense of ownership and team work.
Effective communication skills at all levels – corporate through hourly employee.
Change Agent – effective at engaging others in change agenda and driving/executing change programs.
Capable coach, motivator, and developer of people – stretches people to achieve extraordinary results.
Strategic and critical thinking.
Holds people accountable.
If you require further information please contact Winnie Yu.
Of course, your application will be treated confidentially.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application