Occupational Health Nurse
Addyston, Ohio, United States
INEOS ABS (USA) LLC
Our Company: INEOS Styrolution is a leading global styrenics supplier, with a focus on styrene monomer, polystyrene, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene standard and styrenic specialties. Offering excellent production facilities, cutting-edge R&D centers, international reach, and over 90 years' experience pioneering real change through sustainable solutions, all while makeing the circular economy for styrenics a reality.
- Global leader in styrenics: No. 1 leader in styrenics with a focus on Styrene Monomer, Polystyrene, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene Standard and Styrenic Specialties
- Employees: 3,600 worldwide
- Production sites: 20 manufacturing sites in 10 countries
- Customer base: Customers in 106 countries
- Sales: 4 billion EUR in 2020
Safety remains and always will be our number one priority at INEOS. Our US locations are following the INEOS Covid protocols for new hires as a condition of employment:
Candidates must be fully vaccinated prior to start date, and
Provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination, or
Willingness to obtain the vaccine before hire date and must be fully vaccinated prior to commencement of employment
The Occupational Health Nurse oversees the site Medical Department’s daily activities and manages the site’s medical surveillance programs to minimize injuries and illnesses and maintain compliance with corporate and regulatory health requirements. This position supports management regarding medical issues related to disability cases, return-to-work issues or work restrictions.
INEOS ABS is an affiliate of INEOS Styrolution, with both companies being wholly-owned by INEOS AG. The INEOS ABS manufacturing facility is a chemical plant (producing ABS plastic polymer beads). Our site is located in Addyston, OH, just outside of Cincinnati, OH. The Addyston site has approximately 200 employees.
- Maintain a healthy and productive work force and ensure regulatory and corporate policy compliance as it pertains to the site Medical Department.
- Provides effective disability case management (with focus on STD cases) including approving return to work and writing restrictions when necessary.
- Develops and carries out site wellness initiatives. Manges the implementation of new and supports the established wellness programs.
- Provides effective advice and services to Human Resources by initiating referrals for physical examinations with approved panel of physicians, conducting pre-placement exams, recommending upon medical hire ability, assesses the health status of employees and relevant health history with health risk appraisals (in conjunction with wellness programs) for job placement, return to work, health surveillance and termination. Provides feedback to employees.
- Ensures that occupational health record systems and required records are maintained according to policy and procedure; records include those on all injured or ill workers, clinical/medical reports, chemical exposure records, audiometric testing records
- Provide medical assessment and treatment of minor to life-threatening injuries and illnesses.
- Support the site Drug and Alcohol Testing Program.
- Coordinate EMR continued education and maintain a matrix of required training modules.
- Manages employee illnesses/injuries that occur onsite and ensures notification to appropriate INEOS and regulatory authorities.
- Upon request, assist employees with identifying the appropriate forms and documents needed for filing workers compensation claims.
- Conduct and evaluate physical exams, review medical histories and refer significant abnormalities to the physician for review.
- Provide counseling to employees regarding emotional and physical concerns and make appropriate referral recommendations.
- Maintain accurate documentation and make appropriate referrals to outside medical providers for serious conditions when indicated.
- Calibrate and troubleshoot medical testing and fit testing equipment.
- Participate in accident investigations and perform evaluations of working conditions as requested.
- Provide medical perspective on minimizing the effects of potential injuries and illnesses.
- Inventory and order all needed medical supplies.
Registered Nurse, BSN, in Ohio with five years of experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Occupational Health
- ER/ triagge
- Acute / intensive care
- Obtain certification as Occupational Health Nurse COHN-S within 3 years
- Have completed or willing to obtain certification in the following areas within 1 year:
- NIOSH approved spirometry
- Audiometric Technician (CAOHC)
- Perform EKG
- Certified Respiratory Fit Technician
- DOT Drug Screen Collector
- Certified as American Heart CPR Instructor BLS
- Must pass a post offer physical, drug test, and background check.
- Significant clerical, organizational and communications skills are required to implement appropriate actions.
- Apply a wide application of principles, theories, and concepts in nursing, and has a working knowledge of other related disciplines.
- In-depth Knowledge of OSHA, Medical Surveillance requirements, and other regulatory requirements that impact the site’s medical surveillance program.
- Demonstrated computer skills: Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, TEAMS.
- Displays a high degree of professionalism including discretion and confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Cultural Awareness.
- Ability to work independently and displays self-initiative.
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work.)
Location: This opportunity is located in Addyston, Ohio, only 13 miles West of Cincinnati, Ohio.
We are proud to be a Drug-free Workplace!
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive salaries, performance-related pay and bonuses.
- Comprehensive benefits package with low premiums including health, short term disability, life and accidental death insurance plans
- 401K with company match + contributions
- Fitness and tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work environment
- Career development and progression
We are INEOS Styrolution because:
- We are committed to the safety and personal wellness of all our employees
- We recognize success and reward achievements
- We support employees who are passionate about success and motivated.
- We offer a positive learning environment and encourage the sharing of best practices
- We produce materials that are necessary for our daily lives
- We contribute to the communities in which we operate and donate to organizations our employees care about
- We foster teamwork and safe, positive working environments
- We provide equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
We are excited to hear from you and to share more about our organization.
All the best,
The INEOS Styrolution Talent Team
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application