Are you interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference? Our culture is one of honesty, integrity and transparency with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.
On our team people are acknowledged for embracing new ideas that help create real value for customers. Let’s get there together.
INEOS has an exciting opportunity for a Chemical Operator to join our Composites business at our Philadelphia, PA Production Facility.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Must follow all Safety Rules, Regulations, Operating Procedures, Blend Instructions, Corporate/Plant Policies & Laws at all times.
- Transfer base resins, make blends in blend and/or thin tanks to proper specifications by following procedures and instructions which include transferring resin to and from tanks. This includes maintaining all logs and paperwork associated with making blends.
- Dispose of all hazardous and contaminated refuse per plant procedures.
- Insure that all hazardous waste shipments comply with government laws and regulations including labeling and drum condition. This includes maintaining all logs and paperwork associated with hazardous waste shipments.
- Always maintain proper housekeeping/cleaning in area to ensure a safe working environment.
- Safely handle numerous liquid and solid raw materials used in the blending process by following established procedures and instructions. This includes maintaining all logs and paperwork associated with use & transfer of raw materials.
- Load tank wagons with resin by following established procedures and instructions. This includes maintaining all logs and paperwork associated with loading tank wagons.
- Load Drums with Resin by following established procedures and instructions. This includes maintaining all logs and paperwork associated with loading drums.
- Write work orders for broken equipment.
- Unload railcars, pump out dikes, gauge tanks, pump fumed silica, and unload/load drums from and into trailers.
- Package, label and prepare all raw material and finished product samples for shipment.
- Spot tank wagons and trailers with the yard tractor.
- Safely drive a forklift to move drums / pallets. Perform daily checks on the fork lifts.
- Perform other tasks as directed.
- At all times, follow all aspects of Responsible Care and security for the facility
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- High School Diploma
- Basic High School Algebra and Science skills
- Most complete specific on-site training
- Must be able to obtain CDL with Hazmat endorsement within 6 months of start date
- Word Processing, Spreadsheet, SAP experience desirable
- Perform task wearing Full Face respirator, hard hat, steel toe footware, eye protection, gloves and other PPE as required by task assessments.
- Ability to perform physical activity (continuous standing, walking, climbing stairs, etc.)
- Ability to perform heavy lifting (30-100 lbs).
- Certify to Drive Fork Trucks
- Drive and park bulk tank wagon and 53 foot long box trailers
- Ability to work a rotating 12 hour work shift, weekends, holidays, etc.
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- Previous Chemical manufacturing experience
- Previous mechanical equipment experience, operate pumps, compressors, etc.
- SAP Fluency and usage
- DOT HazMat License preferred