Part of INEOS, INOVYN is Europe's leading producer of vinyls and in the top three worldwide. With an annual turnover of €3.1 billion, INOVYN has circa 4,200 employees and chemical manufacturing, sales and marketing operations in 8 countries across Europe.
INOVYN’s portfolio consists of an extensive range of class-leading products arranged across General Purpose Vinyls; Specialty Vinyls; Organic Chlorine Derivatives; Chlor Alkali; Hydrogen and Vinyls Technologies. INOVYN's annual commercial production volume is circa 10 milliontonnes. See www.inovyn.com and www.ineos.com for more details.
Main role purpose:
The post holder facilitates the development and coordination of SHEQ management systems, processes and improvement activities that contribute to the delivery of business and SHE objectives.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Develop and increase the effectiveness of site-wide safety programmes including Behavioural Based Safety (BBS), Work Environment Risk Assessment (WERA), and SHEQ to help reduce accidents, incidents and injuries.
- Promote the INEOS Behavioural and Process Safety principles and implement business safety directives, IGGNs and training programmes.
- Identify relevant SHE legislative and regulatory requirements for the Site, working in conjunction with the local authority to improve and test the COMAH major emergency plan.
- Respond to community complaints and queries from external bodies to manage reputation; act as the security focal point in line with IGGN23.
- Ensure contractor compliance with INOVYN/INEOS rules and initiatives.
- Deliver site induction training, primarily for contractors during major overhauls.
Key skills & experience:
- You must have at least one of the following qualifications: NVQL4 Occupational Health & Safety Practice; NEBOSH Certificate; ONC/HNC level standard or equivalent, preferably in a technical discipline; Level 6 Postgraduate Diploma in Health & Safety Management.
- Detailed knowledge of SHEQ legislation, standards and techniques.
- Familiar with SHEQ improvement methodologies and process analysis.
- Knowledge of COMAH safety and environmental impacts.
- Strong safety leadership.
- High concern for standards.
- Highly numerate and literate with good computer skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with people at all levels internal and external to the organisation.
INOVYN is a company of INEOS. INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, speciality chemicals and oil products. It comprises 34 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 183 sites in 26 countries throughout the world.
This is a direct Company recruitment. We will not accept applications via employment agencies
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application