INEOS TECHNOLOGIES AMERICAS LLC
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Organizational Context and Job Purpose
INEOS Nitriles is a global chemicals business with sales volume of 1200 kte and revenue in excess of $2.4 billion. The Nitriles business has 2 manufacturing operations in the US and 2 in Europe along with offices and headquarters in Rolle, Switzerland and Aurora, Illinois near Chicago. The Nitriles Business primary products include acrylonitrile, hydrogen cyanide, and acetonitrile, as well as catalyst used for the production of these products.
The Nitriles Catalyst & Technology Business is the largest supplier of catalysts into the Acrylonitrile (AN) market, as well as into internal Nitriles’ operating plants. These industry leading catalysts are produced at a wholly owned plant located in Lima, Ohio. R&D and technical support for the Nitriles Catalyst & Technology Business is located in Aurora, Illinois.
The Nitriles Products Manager is responsible for managing the overall supply/demand planning for the Nitriles Catalyst & Technology Business and managing key planning of Hydrogen Cyanide / Acetone Cyanohydrin (AN / ACH) for U.S. assets.
For Catalyst, the role acts as the primary interface with the Lima catalyst manufacturing facility. This includes raw material planning and providing business support to the overall raw material procurement strategy, as well as delivery of the catalyst manufacturing strategy to support long-term growth of the Business. Further, the role acts as a key business interface with Finance to ensure proper reporting of the business financials and development of the annual business budget.
The role supports the Nitriles Senior Product Manager, based in Aurora, with delivery of overall supply/demand planning and reporting for U.S. assets. This includes managing HCN / ACH planning and monthly AN production reporting / target setting.
The Nitriles Products Manager is a key member of the commercial management of the Nitriles Catalyst & Technology Business, supporting delivery of the P&L and growth strategy.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Management of the catalyst supply chain to ensure continuity of supply for the business’ global customer base.
- Balance supply and demand effectively, leading to proper inventory management and cash control.
- Primary interface with INEOS’s catalyst manufacturing facility located in Lima, Ohio.
- Key commercial interface with raw material suppliers, in support of Procurement Manager, located in Lima.
- Develop raw material strategy with Procurement Manager, Catalyst Manufacturing Manager and Catalyst & Technology Business Manager to ensure low cost and security of supply.
- Accountability for delivery of the manufacturing strategy to support long-term growth of the Catalyst & Technology Business.
- Variable cost understanding, control, and efficiency for catalyst production.
- Support short term and strategic long term CAPEX planning for the catalyst business, including manufacturing and R&D locations
- Manage relationship with third party metals reclaimers to maximize value for spent catalyst on behalf of the Catalyst & Technology Business and Nitriles’ AN plants.
- Manage, in conjunction with both in-house and third party SHE resources, overall product stewardship for the catalyst business to ensure global compliance
- Key interface with Finance to ensure proper reporting of Catalyst & Technology Business financials, including variances.
- Coordinate and lead development of annual budgeting process for the Catalyst & Technology Business, working closely with Finance, the Catalyst & Technology Business Manager, and area managers.
- Support the Catalyst & Technology Business Manager in the development of the overall Business strategy
- Active and contributing member of the commercial management team for the Nitriles Catalyst & Technology Business
- Set HCN / ACH economic framework for production, sales & purchase contracts. Identify ACH sales options and maximize margins while maintaining contractual commitments.
- Provide inputs for monthly forecasting / budgeting including market data, feedstock costs, logistics costs, exchange rates, etc.
- Set HCN and ACH production rates with the U.S. sites and align forecast with sales manager. Work with sites to track production and storage limitations.
- Manage acetone deliveries with Green Lake based on ACH production outlook.
- Distribute monthly AN production targets report with expected rate limitations.
- As requested, support business development activities related to assessing opportunities for growth via merger, acquisition, new build, and co-location at Nitriles’ sites.
Skills & Knowledge Required
In compliance with INEOS COVID protocols, candidate must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past last dose of COVID vaccine) prior to start date.
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Business, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Experience: 5-10+ years in petrochemicals or refining; experience or good understanding of manufacturing, technology, logistics, and/or product management beneficial. Direct experience in acrylonitrile and/or catalysis preferred.
- Product / business management
- Manufacturing and technical experience
- Knowledge of and exposure to customer service, logistics, and account management
- Good understanding of financial accounting, budgeting, and P&L management
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Exposure to working with international customers
- Excellent influencing and communication skills
- Proven teamwork skills and ability to motivate others
- Self-starter, organized, and capable of working under pressure
Expected Salary Range:
$120,900.00 to $143,600.00 based on skills and experience
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application