Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Organizational context and job purpose
INEOS Nitriles is a global chemicals business with sales volume of 1200 kte and revenue in excess of $2.4 billion. The Nitriles business has 2 manufacturing operations in the US and 1 in Europe along with offices and headquarters in Rolle, Switzerland and Aurora, Illinois near Chicago. The Nitriles Business primary products include acrylonitrile, hydrogen cyanide, and acetonitrile. Additionally, Nitriles also has a Plant that produces catalyst for internal use at the Lima Site, globally within INEOS, and for other Acrylonitrile producers. The INEOS Nitriles Plant at Lima is part of an industrial campus which includes a refinery and chemical complex. INEOS shares services, utilities, products, and feedstocks with four adjacent manufacturing facilities: Nutrien (ammonia, urea, nitric acid), Fort Amanda Specialties (chelates), Ashland (1,4-butanediol), and Cenovus Refining (propylene, fuels and refined oil products).
The incumbent uses his/her technical expertise to optimize the Nitriles manufacturing processes. Engineering know-how is used to improve safety, improve reliability, increase yield, improve product quality, increase production, and reduce costs. Knowledge of process chemistry and project economics is required. The incumbent interacts with Operations, Engineering, Maintenance R&D, Safety/Environmental personnel and third-party contractors. The scope of work includes all aspects of process engineering and developing and executing capital projects. The Process Engineer assumes a leadership role in many aspects of the Process Safety Management program. He or she provides guidance to Operations regarding safe operating limits for process equipment; ensures process safety information is accurate and up-to-date; leads Process Hazard Analysis review sessions; evaluates changes for compliance with Management of Change program requirements, including training; leads Pre-Start-up Safety Reviews; leads/participates in Incident Investigations; and understands and supports Process Safety Management site objectives. Success in this position will enable the incumbent to be considered for positions of higher responsibility in Operations, Technical, Engineering or the Business Unit.
The Total Quality Management System shall be incorporated into all job activities. All job activities should be executed in a safe and efficient manner consistent with the INEOS 20 Principles. Responsible for operating envelope compliance per the 20 Principles. This position is responsible for the process engineer responsibilities and asset integrity management through the development, maintenance, and periodic review of process safety information, critical instrument list, critical fixed equipment list, PSV’s, operating envelopes, etc. as set out in the INEOS 20P.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Becomes a technical expert in the acrylonitrile process and leads and participates in all plant process engineering activities.
- Continuously initiate ways to improve plant operations, safety and environmental performance through day-to-day activities and recommendations for optimized unit conditions.
- Establishes and executes process improvement plans for manufacturing including safety and environmental improvements.
- Collaborates on technology with R&D personnel.
- Models changes to process to predict effect on Operations.
- Ownership of assigned PSM Elements to drive and progress continuous improvement and compliance.
- Leads PHA’s for new and existing processes.
Participates and leads Incident Investigations.
- Provides technical expertise in the design, specification, selection, and operation of equipment along with providing guidance on safe operating limits.
- Works with Technical Manager, Process Engineers and Process Specialist on all aspects of cost control including variable, fixed, and capital.
- Direct, coordinate, and participate in Process Safety Reviews and Management of Change process.
- Takes active role in project development, economics and execution. Assists in final bid package preparation and subsequent contract bidding and selection.
- Organizes field tests and consults with other specialists outside of the facility to solve operating issues.
- Remains on call for emergency trouble shooting and operations support.
- Ensures all work is done in a safe manner consistent with company, local, state, federal and health, safety and environmental regulations and procedures.
- Supervise and mentor co-op students.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- BS Chemical Engineering or higher
- 5-10 years of experience in chemical plant or refinery
- Six Sigma
- ISO 9001 experience
- Process Hazard and Layer of Protection Analysis
- Root Cause Analysis
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong computational and data analysis skills
- Strong IT skills with process modelling and process simulation software
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good negotiator and influencer
- Good team leader and motivator
- Solid understanding of financial calculations and their impact on the bottom line
- Willingly takes the lead when challenges occur
- Builds networks to enhance effectiveness and share knowledge
- Looks for ways to do things better, faster, and more efficiently
Target Salary Range: $105,400 - $111,000
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application