Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Organizational context and job purpose
The Customer Account Specialist (CAS) is responsible for executing the Order-to-Cash process from order acceptance to customer invoicing, including post-delivery support. Although this involves tactical execution by the commercial team, logistics team and site personnel, the CAS is the customer’s advocate within INEOS to assure both the customer’s contractual and special requirements are met on every order.
This position reports to the Nitriles NA Customer Service Manager and interacts internally with the, Sales/Marketing, Finance, HSE and manufacturing site teams. External interactions are with customers and 3rd party logistics suppliers.
The Total Quality Management System shall be incorporated into all job activities. All job activities should be executed in a safe and efficient manner consistent with the INEOS 20 Principles.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Manage sales orders for domestic and export customers from order entry to product delivery, customer invoicing, and post transactional support including, but not limited to:
- Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI)
- Vetting customer ordering vs. forecast
- Order-to-Cash (OTC)
- Dispute resolution
- Customer relationship management
- Offering appropriate technical services or facilitating an appropriate contact point
- Product & customer set-up/management within SAP
- Goods issue, invoicing and end-of-month closing
- Ensuring regional and global customer needs/requests are met in a timely manner
- Coordinating customer product quality issues with Sales and Operations personnel
- Executing Order-To-Cash process for all products sold globally from NA
- Import/export Customs compliance
Maximize company profits through:
- Appropriate use of service level agreements
- Customer advocacy
- Providing the customer with positive experience
- Providing internal clients customer feedback
- Improved/reduced logistics services
- Efficient supply chain management
- Managing Cost-to-Serve and assessing customers appropriate accessorial charges
Maintain and grow customer patronage & sales:
- Assisting Account Managers in managing core accounts
- Managing secondary accounts under the mentorship of an Account Manager
Order to Cash:
- Assures accurate order entry via multiple communication channels including phone, fax, and email
- Responsible for ensuring orders are entered into the SAP system accurately and in a timely manner
- Promote and maintain alternative methods of order entry through eBusiness (if offered)
- Manage customer pricing within SAP
- Manage Customer Master database within SAP
- Ensures timely delivery of products through collaboration with logistic providers
- Utilize tools and applications to ensure timely delivery of products to customers
- Collaborate with individuals managing customer credit/collections
Skills & Knowledge Required
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient in SAP 4.6 or later.
- 5 yrs. Customer Relations experience in Chemical Industry.
- Familiarity with import or export clearance processes
- Bachelor's degree in technical field or business (preferred).
- Performance Bias.
- Works autonomously with little direction.
- Strong service orientation towards internal and external clients.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong deadline management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work well in a team.
- Communicates with skill both verbally and in writing with Sales, Business, Operations, and other technical personnel as required.
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations and to manage competing demands.
- Display initiative by proactively taking action to solve or prevent problems
- Ability to keep emotions under control and restrain negative actions when faced with opposition, hostility or stress
- Well organized, innovative and creative
- Displays strong work ethic and accountability
- Committed to personal development
- Strong computer skills including the suite of MS Office programs.
- Basic knowledge of accounting.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of business basics.
- Basic knowledge of chemistry.
- Familiarity with INCOTERMS 2000, INCOTERMS 2010 and the new INCOTERMS 2020.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.