INEOS NITRILES USA LLC
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
The Nitriles CAPU-OSBL Process Assistant works closely with the Production Specialist, Supervisors and other front-line leadership to direct day-to-day operation of the Nitriles production units with CAPU and OSBL being the primary responsibility with Acrylo and loading rack being the secondary responsibility. The incumbent works to ensure safe, reliable, and environmentally compliant operations that meet the objectives of the business. He/she initiates and approves work orders, evaluates unit problems, and sets priorities for operations. The incumbent shares responsibility of the Nitriles operations procedures with the other Process Assistants and represents Operations in PHAs and project engineering reviews. He/she is also responsible for jointly identifying training needs and conducting training where appropriate for unit personnel.
The incumbent is very knowledgeable of Nitriles unit operations and equipment in order to provide direction to both maintenance daily activity and input to engineering projects. He/she will also be active in process issues such as capacity creep, final product quality, and controls improvements.
The Nitriles CAPU-OSBL Process Assistant issues orders, follows up on procedures and reports status to carry out the daily operating plan and must be able to initiate changes in operating plans when conditions warrant. The Nitriles CAPU-OSBL Process Assistant is held accountable for safe, efficient operation, environmental protection, and energy conservation of the areas of responsibility. The Nitriles CAPU-OSBL Process Assistant must be able to think ahead and make quick, careful decisions in the event of an emergency. The Nitriles CAPU-OSBL must be available to receive calls during off hours and make operational decisions for their areas or responsibility.
This position is responsible for asset integrity management through the development, maintenance, and periodic review of (critical instrument list, critical fixed equipment list, PSV’s, operating envelopes, etc.) as set out in the INEOS 20P.
The Total Quality Management System shall be incorporated into all job activities. All job activities should be executed in a safe and efficient manner consistent with the INEOS 20 Principles.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Visibly supports and promotes the INEOS 20 Principles and Culture of Prevention.
- Safety Champion for the site. Practice and teach good safety work habits to employees, conducts regular safety discussions with INEOS site employees and contractors. Conducts incident investigation and follow up as needed.
- Responsible for safe, environmentally sound plant operation, and assuring employees perform their jobs in a safe manner according to the INEOS Twenty Principles and PSM.
- Unit operations for CAPU, Deepwell, utilities, and tankage areas.
- Manage water systems in the plant including process water pre-treatment, deepwell, surface, outfall, fire and cooling.
- Manage plant and instrument air systems (including nitrogen).
- Coordinate raw material storage, including acids, caustic, soda ash, formaldehyde, salt bleach and SO2.
- Responsible for writing new procedures associated with areas of responsibility as required. Periodically reviews and revises existing procedures and P&ID’s as needed. Leads the Management-of-Change (MOC) process for areas of responsibility.
- Operates and ensures all areas of responsibility and facilities comply/operate within applicable requirements and associated agencies and laws.
- Safety champion for the site. Practice and teach good safety work habits to employees, conducts regular safety discussions with INEOS site employees and Contractors. Conducts incident investigation and follow up as needed.
- Serves as a member of the Emergency Response Team.
- Serves as the on-scene incident commander during plant emergencies. Responsible for controlling the emergency, maintaining personnel safety, minimizing property and equipment losses, headcount of personnel, communication to the Incident Commander.
- Conducts safety audits and observations as a part of daily safety activities. Participates and completes PHA activities.
- Provides daily direction to operator teams for efficient operation of the unit. Takes lead role in troubleshooting daily operating and quality problems. Provides daily instructions through daily "Write Up."
- Issues job orders, establishes priorities for those orders along with determining job order completion dates. Assists in developing daily plans and priority for equipment availability for maintenance work.
- Manages unit volumes, quality issues with Process Specialist.
- Provides technical and operational support for shift teams during non-routine operations.
- Assists in evaluating operator's and supervisor’s performance. Aids in addressing grievances and administrating labor contract. Provides backup coverage for Process Specialist positions as needed.
- Suggests improvements in operating procedures, modifications to equipment or changes in operating conditions to ensure safe operation, increase production or improve operation efficiency. Contributes ideas for development of capital projects to improve plant performance.
- Performs miscellaneous duties or assignments as requested. Advises Manufacturing Manager on current operating conditions, attends staff meetings, furnishes accounting, distribution, or others with operating information as requested. Updates operating manuals, and operating procedures to assure compliance with PSM and to maintain ISO-9000 certification. Provides updates to training.
- Provides daily direction to operating teams for efficient maintenance preparation. Takes lead role in coordinating daily maintenance preparation. Provides daily instructions through daily "Write Up," or improved methods for maintenance communications.
- Provides backup coverage for Process assistants and Shift supervisor positions as needed.
- Optimizes job steps associated with operations preparation of equipment for maintenance.
- Develops new and modifies existing operating and equipment preparation procedures and operating procedures.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- HS Diploma with 10 years’ operating experience/equivalent background OR BS in Engineering or equivalent technical degree with 5 years’ experience in a chemical plant or refinery.
- Acrylonitrile operations experience highly desirable.
- Experience with SAP, Microsoft Office, and other software as deemed necessary.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel. This position deals with a number of internal and external contacts.
- Strong organizational skills necessary.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.