INEOS Automotive – Grenadier – Built On Purpose
Your Team: To strengthen our Engineering team with targeting the Grenadier delivery in 2022, but also with focus on business expansion and becoming a multiple program automotive company, we are looking for Module Lead Engineer Powertrain (BEV and/or FCEV) at INEOS Automotive who will work within a scale-up and fast-moving environment. You will be surrounded by a team of experts in their field and be given the autonomy and freedom to develop the role as we grow.
The Role: The Module Lead Engineer - Powertrain will be supporting the design, release and launch of the rolling chassis product lines. Lead the business development, proposal and project delivery activities, specifically within rolling chassis, including technical specifications, design standards and product testing.
The Location: The core Engineering team is based in Böblingen, Germany, but might open an office in Graz, Austria.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Lead definition, development, sizing, requirements of electric powertrain systems (BEV and/or FCEV) to meet program targets
- Review and update power-pack sizing and trade-off studies for optimal attribute/cost balance
- Define the powertrain architecture and cascade system targets to meet vehicle attributes
- Plan the process, detail planning costs and implementation timing for released CAD drawings to ensure detailed understanding of how a part will be manufactured, jigs and tooling defined, costs detailed, implementation plan available
- Support and work with the Design, Project and Programme partners to ensure BEV and/or FCEV Powertrain System is on time, target and delivered
- Lead / support Global Product Development milestone reviews of the system definition, requirements, and capability (assessment against the requirements)
- Develop and present system trade-off studies to solicit direction from management
- Capture lessons learned from previous programs and implement these actions in upcoming programs
- Produce systems documentation including architecture and functional diagrams
- Work as an active member of the Engineering team, ensure effective communication between colleagues and positive contribute to meetings and briefings
- Reports any non-conforming regulatory issues and provide solutions
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Strong knowledge and experience with automotive design and engineering processes gained at either a Tier 1 automotive supplier or an automotive OEM
- A technical degree in Automotive Engineering or related area
- Strong in regulatory requirements for Fuel cell, Hybrid and EV platforms
- Capable to develop systems requirements for BEV or fuel cell applications
- Strong in electric powertrain functional safety and diagnostics calibration
- Good Knowledge on state of the art high voltage and other fuel cell electrical components (Fuel cell stacks, Air handling, Battery, E-Motor, Inverter, Charger)
- High Voltage qualification mandatory
- High level technical communications with suppliers, engineering service providers and partners, etc.
- Solid understanding of hardware and software in the automotive industry
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Able to communicate (written and verbally) in English and German, French and/or Portuguese is advantageous
INEOS Automotive: We have one goal: Manufacture, launch and deliver uncompromising, best-in-class vehicles. It’s been an exciting Grenadier journey since our inception in 2017. We’ve flown past many milestones and, despite the global challenge of 2020 & 2021, we’re on track to deliver our plan. At INEOS Automotive, we’re always looking for people who can bring new perspectives to our teams. People with entrepreneurial spirit, who enjoy taking on new challenges and are comfortable with handling risks and uncertainties.
If you are looking to join a scale-up business that values your curiosity, drive, and expertise whilst taking on a career defining role, then INEOS Automotive welcomes your application.