Microsoft Apps Platform Lead
Location: London, UK
From soft drink bottles to packaging trays, from clothing to carpet, INEOS Aromatics makes the chemicals used to produce many of the things we use in our daily lives.
Our main products include paraxylene (PX) and purified terephthalic acid (PTA). PTA is a raw material used in the manufacture of polyesters used to make fibers, textiles, film, and polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles. PX is a feedstock for PTA production. We also produce metaxylene, a feedstock for PX production.
We are comprised of a diverse team of engineers, scientists and business professionals dedicated to discovering practices to confront some of the world’s biggest issues. We are looking for people who can contribute to our passion for reinvention, have a collaborative spirit and challenge our thinking to help achieve our ambitions.
Our sites and offices can be found around the world, in the United States, United Kingdom, China, Belgium, Indonesia and Taiwan.
About the Opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Aromatics IT team, at the start of what is a truly transformational journey. This role provides excellent opportunities for career development and professional growth. Having recently acquired the bp Aromatics and Acetyls businesses at the start of 2021, we are going through a period of integration and growth, bringing in nearly 2,000 employees globally across 6 production sites as well as offices in Chicago and London.
We are looking to support our businesses by growing our business intelligence (BI) capabilities, and we need someone who will help to drive business transformation and be a leader in this space but also take a very technical hands on approach with building and supporting IT infrastructure and applications.
The Microsoft Apps Platform Lead will report into the Global Business Applications team and will provide support across the business globally for Operations, Commercial, Finance and other functions. The focus will be to design, support and sustain functional solutions for data management, analytics and BI, recommending and implementing technology where required but with a core capability in the Microsoft ecosystem, across O365 and Azure.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide business analyst and developer capabilities to the business and IT to facilitate requirements gathering, use case development then technical build and support specifically in the MS tech stack (Azure, PowerApps etc.)
- Work with and manage delivery of 3rd party suppliers for IT support and large-scale development/deployment.
- Build data extractions for SAP and non-SAP applications/databases
- Design, build and support Power BI Dataflows, Datasets, Reports and Dashboards
- Design, implement and support PowerApps and Power Automate solutions
- Work with Product Owner to prioritize business changes and demand pipeline
- Execute functional changes in development, test, and transport to production
- Lead / assist with IT delivery with a high degree of focus on cost control.
- Support multiple business regions globally across operations, finance, commercial and other functions.
- MS O365 domain expert
- Design and building key elements of the corporate intranet as well as building new applications to help optimise business processes and achieve efficiencies ((Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI, Flow)
- Drive Adoption and train end users on use of the MSO365 suite including Power Platform tools as well as general MS office products
- Expertise in Azure Active Directory permissions and MS Office 365 Groups.
Education & General Experience
- Degree education preferred, ideally in Computer Science
- Experience of working as a business analyst and developing data & analytics business cases for new solutions essential, ideally with Microsoft Azure.
- Business Process experience in Chemicals/Manufacturing industry preferred.
- Experience of consulting, project or support in multiple business areas including finance, commercial, engineering
- Hands on experience of developing and supporting applications using Microsoft Products like Power Platform.
- Experience with ERP systems including project experience from a user perspective and documenting process would be useful
- Strong experience in service management, proactive monitoring, issue resolution, continuous improvement, and collaboration
- Domain knowledge and experience in SharePoint support and configuration, Information Architecture, and the bridge between SharePoint Online and SharePoint Server 2013/2016.
- Experience of cloud platform design patterns and best practices.
- Experience managing operational health of the Microsoft O365 environment including security, availability, maintenance, performance, interoperability and reliability
- 3+ years of experience with a proven advanced skill set and enterprise experience across various Microsoft and related technologies. This includes proven design, planning and implementation with O365. Additionally, hands on migration / deployment experience in the O365 environment
- 2+ years Functional SAP Experience
- 2+ years MS Power Platform and Azure experience - Advanced functional user in Office 365 and Microsoft Power Platform
- Able to act as advisor in data management, including governance, architecture, culture and transformation
- Extensive SharePoint Server 2013/2016/2019 & SharePoint Online
- Experience in developing/supporting capabilities on SharePoint using industry standard tools, including but not limited to SharePoint Designer, InfoPath, Visual Studio & PowerShell.
- Microsoft 365 tenant administration and governance
- Content migration including data cleansing, ETL, data mapping and metadata
- Microsoft 365 Security principles including DLP, AIP, eDiscovery, GDPR
- Office 365 certification. Office 365 enterprise administrator expert desirable.
- Powershell experience is desirable
- Comfortable working with remote teams across multiple time zones
- Self-starter with the confidence & experience to consult with managers and senior business representatives
- Capable of working under own supervision
- Ability to quickly learn both new technical and functional solutions and processes
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Open minded and curious about learning new business processes
- Positive attitude and strong team player with a flexible attitude and desire to learn new skills and technology, able to self-study and learn new skills using online training material
- Excellent problem solving / analysis skills
- Communication and presentation skills (both verbal and written).
How to Apply
Please upload your CV and Apply
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application