Part of INEOS, INOVYN is Europe's leading producer of vinyls and in the top three worldwide. With an annual turnover of €3.1 billion, INOVYN has circa 4,200 employees and chemical manufacturing, sales and marketing operations in 8 countries across Europe.
INOVYN’s portfolio consists of an extensive range of class-leading products arranged across General Purpose Vinyls; Specialty Vinyls; Organic Chlorine Derivatives; Chlor Alkali; Hydrogen and Vinyls Technologies. INOVYN's annual commercial production volume is circa 10 milliontonnes. See www.inovyn.com and www.ineos.com for more details.
Main role purpose:
The post holder operates across all areas of the Runcorn manufacturing complex and is accountable for all aspects of plant and SHE performance within their areas of responsibility. The post holder also works as part of the machines team on both planned and reactive maintenance activities on various items, specialising in rotating equipment.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Maintain a high awareness of SHE, customer impact and ensure the manufacturing capability delivers against customer expectations.
- Deliver first-line local technical expertise in maintenance best practices and provide mechanical machines support to the assets.
- Complete preventive maintenance routines and attend to plant issues, providing timely and accurate feedback on the status of critical tasks.
- Provide technical problem-solving and maintain high engineering quality standards in line with Company requirements.
- Assist with planning and preparation of work scopes for equipment during planned outages; take a lead role in coordinating small teams of tradespersons during shutdowns.
Key skills & experience required:
- Recognised time-served apprenticeship or equivalent NVQ.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a mechanical technician role.
- Concern for standards and results orientation.
- Motivated and self-managing; able to take the lead and work independently, or work within a team as required
- Able to work flexibly e.g. extended hours on shutdowns or critical maintenance activities.
- Competent in methods of laser alignment for installation of pumps/motors.
- Maintenance and fault finding experience with the emphasis on mechanical equipment including; pumps, centrifuges, compressors, rotating equipment, excellent knowledge of working on chemical manufacturing plants,
- Knowledge of the site & regulatory authority requirements.
- Knowledge of and able to interpret analytical techniques.
- Able to interpret OEM manuals and equipment drawings.
- FLT certification, MEWP (IPAF) certification and experience operating overhead travelling cranes are desirable, but not essential.
INOVYN is a company of INEOS. INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, speciality chemicals and oil products. It comprises 34 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 183 sites in 26 countries throughout the world.
This is a direct Company recruitment. We will not accept applications via employment agencies
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application