IN OUR EXPERIENCED TEAM.
INEOS Styrolution is the leading global styrenics supplier, with a focus on styrene monomer, polystyrene, ABS Standard and styrenic specialties. With world-class production facilities and more than 90 years of experience, INEOS Styrolution helps its customers succeed by offering innovative and sustainable best-in-class solutions, designed to give them a competitive edge in their markets, and at the same time, help make the circular economy for styrenics a reality. The company provides styrenic applications for many everyday products across a broad range of industries, including automotive, electronics, household, construction, healthcare, packaging and toys/sports/leisure. In 2019, sales were at 5 billion euros. INEOS Styrolution employs approximately 3,600 people and operates 20 production sites in ten countries.
For our office/site in Pasadena, Texas - Polymers we are looking for a
Mechanical / I&E Planner Scheduler (F/M)
A. Purpose/Role of the job: Describe in a few phrases what contribution the job is expected to make to the organization’s objectives.
The purpose of the Maintenance Planner Scheduler role is to ensure non-emergency preventive and corrective maintenance work is appropriately planned and scheduled to ensure safe, efficient execution of asset maintenance in support of safe, compliant, and reliable ASA plant operations.
The role will also be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely creation and management of maintenance system master data.
B. Environment/Context/Complexity of the job: Describe the most important internal and external factors influencing the job.
The position is a direct report to the Bayport Polymer Maintenance Supervisor, will plan work for approximately ten maintenance craft in addition to operator performed asset care tasks. The role interacts with employees and contractors primarily involved in identification, prioritization, and execution of asset maintenance.
- Grassroots, greenfield start-up facility – Engineering, Procurement, and Construction
- Influence in the maintenance work process design
- Shared complex (Bayport Complex) with EBSM Plant
- Software capability (SAP) and ability to adapt to changes
- Lead through the transition period of a new organization and new assets
- Non-union work force
- Regulatory requirements (e.g., OSHA, TCEQ, API Standards)
- INEOS work guidelines and reliability initiatives
- Lead-time to procure parts and equipment
- Exposure to changes in market conditions
C. Responsibilities/ Accountabilities of the job: Describe the main results expected from the job
- This position – and all positions - within the INEOS Styrolution organization requires that the incumbent commit to learning, following and practicing the INEOS 20 Principles of Process and Behavioral Safety. Each employee must also commit to following the INEOS Life-Saving Rules on a daily basis. These Principles and Rules are posted within each INEOS Styrolution facility.
- Champion the 20 Principles and Life Saving Rules
- Lead/participate in incident investigations to identify root causes and corrective recommendations to prevent reoccurrence.
- Participation and leadership as needed to ensure compliance with Process Safety Management elements especially as relates to reliability best practice execution.
- Supports asset integrity management through the scheduling and planning of Preventative Maintenance
- Provide support and feedback to the maintenance, reliability, and operations teams to improve the quality of maintenance and drive reliability improvement.
- Create maintenance task lists and plans to ensure safe, compliant, and efficient execution of preventive and corrective asset care maintenance, including operator performed asset care and maintenance and maintenance craft performed.
- Create maintenance material reservations, material requisitions, and service requisitions that include the quality of information needed to support sourcing excellence.
- Release work orders and requisitions based on approved spend authority.
- Ensure maintenance master data is accurate including preventive and corrective maintenance plans, scheduling parameters, equipment and component data including material identification and bill of materials creation within the CMMS.
- Provide backup capability for maintenance scheduling as needed.
- Demonstrate competence in the SAP PM Module CMMS with respect to maintenance planning, scheduling, and maintenance execution best practices.
- Ensure work plans support asset care initiatives and improvement (INEOS AsCare).
- Solicit feedback on work plan quality and work to continuously improve work plan quality to ensure safety, regulatory and standards compliance, and work execution efficiency.
- Periodically observe maintenance work execution for safety, plan quality and improvement.
- Preparation of maintenance and reliability metrics reports as needed.
D. Dimensions: Describe the most representative figures of the job (for example: number of staff, budget you are responsible for, number of projects...)
Supervision of staff: Give the number of people you supervise (“Direct” means that they report directly to you, “Indirect” means they report to someone who reports to you.)
E. Required profile:
Level of Education & Knowledge (Relevant experience, in some cases, may substitute for a portion or all of the required education):
- A minimum of a high school diploma, GED, or ability to read, write and perform mathematics at this level
- Eight (8+) or more years in maintenance planning in a manufacturing environment, preferably petrochemical
- Accredited Associates Degree in a construction, maintenance or equivalent discipline
- Five (5+) or more years in maintenance planning in a manufacturing environment, preferably petrochemical
Following are preferred experience, knowledge and skills:
- Five (5) years experience in hydrocarbon or polymer processes
- Previous experience in an industrial maintenance craft or industrial construction craft role
- Working knowledge of SAP PM module as CMMS
Technical skills: (what the jobholder needs to be able to do)
- A working understanding of large, manufacturing equipment (rotating equipment, heaters, exchangers, tanks, etc.) including the mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation aspects of such equipment.
- Understands maintenance best practices and the impact of reliability on unit operations.
- Experience with integrity assurance systems for mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation systems is preferred.
- Utilize a recognized CMMS software with the demonstrated ability to:
- Create a safe, compliant, efficient maintenance plan with appropriate job step sequence for effective execution and scheduling
- Manage multiple work requests with high quality utilizing job plan templates for consistency and efficiently
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite and similar applications
Competencies, Behavioral skills: (acc. to competency profile and required level of descriptions)
- Strong emphasis on personal integrity and ethics
- Understands and complies with laws, rules, policies and procedures
- Works inclusively and seeks results that benefit the larger organization and company
- Interacts openly and honestly with others across the organization and externally
- Self-motivated, naturally curious, and a life-long learner
- Good communication skills
- Strives for continual improvement and world class results
- Ability to implement strategies and standards consistently and with high quality
- Takes reasonable risks to achieve results
- Leads by making reasonable decisions quickly
- Takes ownership even in ambiguous and uncomfortable situations
- Promotes teamwork throughout the organization
- Seeks to understand the true needs of the larger organization
- Fully utilizes the capability of others
Valuing and Respecting People
- Proactive team player; is sensitive to the different capabilities of team members
- Is able to recognize conflicts and take necessary actions to resolve them
- Empathizes with someone else’s perspective
- Is comfortable working with employees from different backgrounds
- Is accepted by others in a leadership role even without formal authority
- Involves and trusts the team in decision-making
- Delegates responsibilities appropriately, holds self and others accountable for commitments
Reliability and Responsibility
- Actively works to improve the level of reliability of the area of responsibility
- Ensures compliance in the area of responsibility
- Is consistent in behavior and acts as a role model
- Focuses on achieving appropriate quality and sustainability of the area of responsibility
G. Performance indicators: Describe the criteria allowing to measure to what extent the results are achieved - related to the accountabilities
An individual employee target agreement and performance dialogue is agreed upon annually in a collaborating effort between the employee and the direct supervisor. This is reviewed at a minimum of twice per year and used to establish the final review for the year. Generally, performance indicators may include, but not be limited to:
Method of Measurement:
Examples of criteria that may be used to assess performance in this role include the following:
- Maintenance Cost as a % of Estimated Replacement Value
- Work Order backlog management metrics
- % Schedule Compliance, % PM Compliance
- Maintenance Labor Costs as % of Total Maintenance Cost
- Job plan relating to safety performance (employees and contractors)
- Plan compliance with RAGAGEP standards (e.g.API, NEC, ISO)
- Job plans relating to performance on audits (AsCare, Process Safety, ISO, etc.)
- Working within agreed spend release limits
If you have any question, please contact 1-281-291-1867.
INEOS Styrolution America LLC – Bayport, 12222 Port Road, Pasadena, TX 77507
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application