INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
Organizational context and job purpose
The O&P USA business includes the product lines of Ethylene, Propylene, Butadiene, Polypropylene and Polyethylene. Manufacturing sites include Chocolate Bayou Works (Alvin, TX), Battleground Manufacturing Complex (LaPorte, TX), and Carson (Carson, CA), with the headquarters located in League City, TX.
How the Role Fits In:
The Manager Project Development reports to the Supply Manager and is responsible for infrastructure strategy development and execution of commercially driven infrastructure projects related to feedstock, energy, ethylene, propylene and major by-products.
The Main Purpose of the Role:
The Manager Project Development is responsible for developing and implementing the business infrastructure strategy. The role conducts initial project design and scope development, develops cost estimates necessary for project economic evaluation and coordinates execution of capital projects with other INEOS functional groups and external third parties.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Accountability 1: Strategy Development
- Risk Assessment – Conduct business risk assessments and identify infrastructure projects to address risks and/or capture commercial opportunities.
- Subject Matter Expert - Provide technical expertise and modelling support for business development decision making and long-term planning.
- Communicate and Coordinate – Present infrastructure strategy to senior management and coordinate execution of strategy with various functional groups within the business.
Accountability 2: Project Development and Planning
- Economic Evaluation - Evaluate project feasibility, develop initial scopes of work and provide cost estimates to determine if proposed projects meet INEOS’s investment criteria.
- Capital Budgeting - Lead the preparation of capital expenditure authorization requests and coordinate with the Capital Projects Team to obtain approval for capital expenditure authorizations.
Accountability 3: Project Management and Execution
- Commercial Negotiation – Negotiate project related agreements, such as easements and connection agreements.
- Project Management - Coordinate project planning and act as a commercial single point of contact (SPA) for project execution.
- Project Execution - Coordinate, manage and negotiate with external parties to plan work and resolve disagreements.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- BS in Engineering. An advanced Engineering Degree or MBA helpful.
- Minimum 10 yrs of engineering work experience and/or project management experience.
- Training in hydraulic modelling of hydrocarbon pipelines, pump stations or related facilities.
- Training or experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) mapping helpful.
- Strong interpersonal skills and capable of effectively working with both internal and external contacts
- Strong leadership, project management and influencing skills
- Strong negotiation skills with a performance bias
- Ability to think strategically and broadly across a range of opportunities and market positions
- Frequently (70-100%) sitting.
- Occasionally (30-60%) lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds.
- Infrequently (10% or less) ascending and descending stairs, bending, stooping, twisting, kneeling, and reaching at/below shoulder height.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer screen and extensive reading.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- This position requires the employee to always be alert, able to concentrate on their task at hand, and not impaired by medications (prescription, non-prescription, illegal or legal substances including alcohol), or any other mental condition which adversely affects alertness, concentration, or judgment.
External candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application