INEOS US CHEMICALS COMPANY
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
This position leads the engineering and maintenance teams to ensure safe, efficient and economic execution of maintenance and project work. The incumbent develops plans and processes to address plant routine maintenance, turnarounds, mechanical integrity, compliance and availability issues. The position requires a comprehensive technical background to direct the flow and control of engineering work. The position is responsible for the BU/SPU network interface (Manufacturing Excellence, Reliability, etc.) and interface with the HSSE and Operations Departments. The position liaises with individuals outside of the Cooper River site to ensure that the plant is compliant with S&OR expectations.
- Has responsibility for site maintenance contract, its optimization and the strategy between the contractor and BP maintenance
- Creates an environment that fosters employee development and involvement
- Develops and implements the site maintenance and reliability strategy
- Develops and maintains a close working relationship with other site functional groups (HSSE, HR, Finance and Manufacturing)
- Participates as an active member of the site Leadership Team and actively participates in the development and delivery of both the Cooper River Plant and Business Unit Performance Contracts.
- Delegates assignments and responsibilities to appropriate members of the Engineering and Maintenance team
- Controls execution of activities by participation, consultation, and review
- Champions the planning and execution of Unit Turnarounds
- Champions safe work practices among work group and contractors
- Innovates and applies skills to improve safety and quality, reduce costs, and increase production
- Shares and solicits successes, failures, and activities and with other plant teams promotes the sharing of lessons learned by others
- Leads and manages site maintenance & engineering activities that support delivering production, reliability, and financial objectives.
- Develops strategic plans for Maintenance, Planning, Reliability Engineering and Project Engineering, and Advanced Manufacturing Technology that support both the long-term and short-term objectives of the Cooper River site and Business Unit.
- Develops and maintains close working relationships with Operations and support areas and individuals
- Determines, challenges, and recommends manpower resourcing strategies that support Cooper River site and Business Unit growth projects
- The position has discretionary expense and substantial capital spending authority.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- A minimum of 15 years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in Chemical or Oil & Gas Industry
- 5+ years experience managing cross functional teams
- Proven record of leadership accomplishments
- Demonstrated ability to lead and sustain change
Desirable Criteria / Qualifications
- Professional Engineer preferred but not required
Certifications/Licenses (List any required and preferred certifications/licenses)
Other Requirements (such as Travel, Location)
- Must be at least 18 years of age; legally authorized to work in the United States; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status), now or in the future.
- Must be able to fluently speak, write, and read English.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
Safety remains and always will be our number one priority in INEOS. Our US locations now require all new hires to provide one of the following as a condition of employment:
• Proof of Covid-19 vaccination, or
• Willingness to obtain the vaccine before hire date (under this option, proof of vaccination is a condition to any offer of employment and must be provided prior to commencement of employment), or
• Validation of your religious or medical exemption
INEOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.