maintenance technician - mechanical (temporary)
FPS is a 100% INEOS-owned integrated oil and gas liquid transportation and processing system with a nominal capacity in excess of one million barrels per day serving the central area of the North Sea.
Oil and gas liquids from over 50 offshore fields and St Fergus flow through pipelines into FPS. FPS transports crude oil and gas liquids from offshore and onshore entry points, processes the liquids at Kinneil and redelivers to the customer Forties Blend crude oil at Hound Point and either Raw Gas or fractionated Gas Products at Grangemouth.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the post holder is responsible for performing preventative, breakdown and shutdown maintenance on all mechanical equipment within the INEOS FPS assets.
- Detailed job planning for all maintenance and repair of mechanical activities.
- To perform and participate in the preventive, corrective and troubleshooting mechanical maintenance activities of the rotating plant equipment, Gas Turbines and Compressors.
- To attend Toolbox talks/site visits to establish scope of work activities such as safety requirements permits to work, special tools and materials.
- To comply with all company health, Safety and Environment as well as Work Permits, policies and procedures.
- To troubleshoot, identify and isolate faulty components, on rotating, gas turbine and compressor equipment, using P&IDs, manufacturers’ manuals, drawings and diagrams.
- To identify spare parts required for maintenance work, from manufacturers’ drawings and spare parts lists.
- To perform shutdown maintenance repair and overhaul on all rotating equipment, including gas Turbines, pumps and compressors.
- To participate in condition monitoring checks on machinery, and notifies any malfunctions or defects to the immediate supervisor.
- To observe operation of all equipment during to routine activities for abnormalities, and report any defects to relevant supervisor.
- To train and develop new trainees along with less experienced staff members.
Qualifications, knowledge and Skills
- SVQ or HNC is essential
- Minimum 5 years experience within Petrochemical/oil and gas
- Knowledge of laser alignment techniques
- Knowledge of Maximo
- Positive attitude, self-confident, independent and ability to work on own initiative.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their CV