Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
From soft drink bottles to packaging trays, from clothing to carpet, INEOS Aromatics makes the chemicals used to produce many of the things we use in our daily lives.
Our main products include paraxylene (PX) and purified terephthalic acid (PTA). PTA is a raw material used in the manufacture of polyesters used to make fibers, textiles, film, and polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles. PX is a feedstock for PTA production. We also produce meta xylene, a feedstock for PX production.
We are comprised of a diverse team of engineers, scientists and business professionals dedicated to discovering practices to confront some of the world’s biggest issues. We are looking for people who can contribute to our passion for reinvention, have a collaborative spirit and challenge our thinking in our ambition to achieve net zero.
We care about how we deliver these essential products to the world. Above everything, the safety, reliability, and excellence in our operations is fundamental to our success.
Our sites and offices can be found around the world, in the United States, United Kingdom, China, Belgium, Indonesia and Taiwan.
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a competitive benefits package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K match (up to 9%), STD/LTD, paid dependent care days, Life Insurance/Accidental Death and Dismemberment, 9 paid holidays, 2 personal days and paid vacation.
Compensation Grade: H36
Maintenance Support Superintendent
The Maintenance Support Superintendent manages a team including INEOS AROMATICS planning, scheduling, warehousing, and maintenance contractor oversight. They will be accountable for ensuring maintenance excellence is achieved in how we execute maintenance processes in the field. They work with operations to deliver safe, cost-effective, and on-schedule execution of maintenance activities to ensure safe, reliable, and compliant operations while supporting achievement of site availability and production goals. They provide focus on execution of routine maintenance, maintenance KPIs, expense project execution, TAR and Project support and long-term strategy for maintenance process. The Maintenance Support Superintendent is a member of the maintenance leadership team and works with other department superintendents on current issues with line-of-sight to the annual plan. This role has overall responsibility for the health and improvement of TCC’s Work Management process aligned with INEOS Maintenance Excellence and Site Strategy. The incumbent interfaces with TCC Safety, Health, and Environmental (SHE), Operations, TAR, Projects, Engineering, and Inspection groups. The position has a responsibility to champion and drive continuous improvements in the implementation of the TCC work management process at the site.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Command professional excellence by demonstrating effective leadership behaviors, willingly taking the lead when challenges occur. Can inspire and lead people generating a culture of personal and process safety.
· Set clear direction, priorities, and boundaries for the team. Manage performance rigorously, holding self and team accountable.
· Provide the people, resources, and tools necessary to deliver the maintenance plan for the site.
· Lead through INEOS AROMATICS values and behaviors. Builds enduring capability throughout the maintenance department.
· Energize people while maximizing value and drive for results.
· Generate and retain talent for the Maintenance department, values expertise through participation in coaching, mentoring, and training programs that foster development and boost performance Safety and Operational Risk
· Ensure team executes activities in a safe and compliant manner consistent with local legislation, site and corporate SHE, and technical standards.
· Ensures maintenance team’s understanding and compliance of executing activities in a safe and compliant manner consistent with site and corporate SHE policies, including but not limited to Management of Change, Process Safety Management standards, personal safety, mechanical integrity, health, environment, energy isolation, and Control of Work.
· Ensures adequate understanding, response, reporting and follow-up to safety, operational, or environmental incidents. Shares and applies lessons learned from incidents. Identifying opportunities to control, mitigate, and eliminate risks.
· Subject matter expert in key maintenance work processes.
· Provide technical expertise to improve safety, reliability, productivity and reduce costs.
· Working with engineering, establishes and maintains equipment PMs to optimize asset reliability and availability.
· Track key performance indicators (KPI’s), cost and productivity drivers, trends, and potential solutions to drive continuous improvement in the work management process.
· Applies and shares learning and improvement opportunities to deliver optimum results in terms of planning, scheduling, and work prioritization to drive field work execution and shop efficiency.
· Ensures that work is planned, scheduled, and executed efficiently and competitively, and that equipment histories are diligently maintained.
· Utilize SAP and other electronic tools to track cost, asset histories, and predictive maintenance.
· Understand how the work of the Maintenance Team affects the environment. Set performance objectives and provide leadership for their area to minimize impact on the environment. Communicate the importance of these issues to their team. Support the site Environmental Management System (EMS).
-Compliance with and promotion of different behavioral and process safety initiatives and measures – supporting 20 INEOS SHE Principles, IGGN’s, SHE KPI’s, risk assessments, etc. These initiatives are reviewed on yearly appraisals.
· BSME or undergraduate degree in directly related technical field
EXPERIENCE and KNOWLEDGE:
- 10+ years’ experience in a similar manufacturing environment is required.
- 5+ years’ experience supervisory experience – required.
- English – Fluent
CORE & FOUNDATION COMPETENCIES:
· Safety Leadership
· Performance Bias
· Interface Mgmt.
· Business Insight
· Taking the Lead
· Interpersonal Skills
· Partnership & Teamworking
· Digital Skills
· Risk-Based Decisions
· Reliability Fundamentals
- Fluent in Microsoft Programs
- Fluent in SAP
- Basics in Primavera
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
Safety remains and always will be our number one priority in INEOS. Our US locations now require all new hires to provide one of the following as a condition of employment:
• Proof of Covid-19 vaccination, or
• Willingness to obtain the vaccine before hire date (under this option, proof of vaccination is a condition to any offer of employment and must be provided prior to commencement of employment), or
• Validation of your religious or medical exemption
INEOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application