About the role
This position is responsible for managing the maintenance area, achieving optimum results and driving improvements in safety, environmental, quality, cost and reliability by leveraging the full value of all employees. The Maintenance Supervisor develops hourly mechanics through coaching, feedback, and unit assignments – through dialog, the use of the core competency model and development plans. This position is designated as a Safety Critical Role.
You should possess:
- Ensure that all work is done in accordance with developed standards, procedures and applicable codes. Work activity must comply with departmental policies & procedures, ISO procedures (where applicable), and the collective bargaining agreement.
- Coordinate Maintenance activities with the Operations Department, Planner / Scheduler, I&E Supervision, and other personnel as appropriate. Maintain on-going communications with the above parties concerning job status, problems that may arise, and recommended solutions.
- Ensure the requirements of PSM, Occupational Health & Safety Regulations and the respective Corporate Policies are understood such that all operations are conducted safely and in accordance with appropriate requirements
- Develop, coordinate and issue daily instructions for personnel to meet all day-to-day plant objectives with respect to safety, environmental control, efficiency, reliability and productivity.
- Stays focused on the long-term goals of the Company while taking responsibility for daily results and driving improvements in safety, environmental, quality, cost and reliability along with the implementation of changes in policies and procedures.
- Assign employees to scheduled work, assist establishing work priorities and standards, and ensure the safe and timely completion and follow-up of required activities.
- Conduct monthly safety meetings and toolbox talks with employees, and ensure the ongoing compliance of safety rules, safe work practices, and housekeeping.
- Coach and encourage technicians, foster teamwork and pride in the crew, communicate plant goals, standards and direction, and ensure accountability.
- Foster teamwork across the maintenance organization and with all other functional groups to ensure activities are well-aligned and maximizing impact.
- Direct maintenance mechanics in the safe, reliable, and cost-effective execution of maintenance and plant activities.
- Obtain quotes and input purchasing requisitions as required for equipment rentals, parts or outside labor as required.
- Ensures that workplace is free of discrimination and that individuals are treated with respect.
- Manage the performance and development of maintenance personnel through on going feedback, annual performance reviews, coaching, counseling, and recognition.
- Maintain and encourage collaborative resolution of work problems among employees, departments and various work groups.
- Assist the Planner/Scheduler and other Supervisors to estimate jobs, and resolve workflow problems.
- Ensure that tools, equipment, and other resources are available to employees for safe, competent, and timely completion of assigned work.
- Capable of working day shift, coverage and off-hour coverage as necessary.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent. Higher level education and leadership training a plus.
- 10 years of manufacturing experience is desired to ensure a strong understanding of operating environments.
- Strong working knowledge of safety, environmental and emergency response requirements.
- Functionality with various computer programs (SAP, Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.).
- Knowledge of plant maintenance experience with a union represented workforce is highly recommended.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to promote / maintain cooperative relationships among employees, peers and supervisors.
- Consistently demonstrate high standards and model the appropriate behaviors.
- Effectively manage performance, champion change, influence and guide
- Must adhere to the INEOS Pigments Process Safety & Behavioral Principles and Life Saving Rules
Acting with integrity, building relationships, communicating openly and honestly, committing to safety and respect for the environment, team orientation, initiative, high personal standards.
This is a salaried, exempt, day shift position.
Our Ashtabula, Ohio Complex, consisting of two plants just south of Lake Erie, is a state of the art manufacturing complex with leading technology and more than 45 years of manufacturing excellence.
INEOS Pigments offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus and a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability with the buy-up option, basic life & AD&D insurance with a buy-up option for self and dependents, 401(k) with company match.
At INEOS Pigments, we value the contribution of our people in making us one of the largest producers of titanium dioxide in North America. Providing numerous products and services to industries around the globe, from coatings to plastics to paper and other end-uses, we invest in employee development and offer a wide range of career opportunities, offering everyone the chance to broaden their experience and build a professionally rewarding career.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application