INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
The Olefins & Polymers USA division of INEOS is one of the largest producers of olefins and polyolefins in North America. From its manufacturing locations at Chocolate Bayou and the Battleground Manufacturing Complex, it is a merchant marketer of butadiene, ethylene, polypropylene and high-density polyethylene with annual revenue of over $4b.
How the Role Fits In:
The Maintenance Scheduler is accountable for scheduling maintenance work ensuring that all work activities can be planned proactively, in a safe and environmentally sound manner, assuring compliance with established codes, procedures. This position will also develop, maintain & analyze routine corrective maintenance, outage and project schedules and provide front end loaded schedules to assist in developing and revising outage/project scope documents as needed. Additional duties include conducting schedule maintenance, collecting progress data, developing and implementing project/outage schedule/status reports, and providing consistent, accurate information to the routine maintenance execution as well as project/outage execution teams.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
- The position is accountable for understanding and putting into practice the INEOS 20 Principles. Additionally, this position has a special responsibility to cascade the understanding of these principles throughout their work group.
- Leads by example, remains in compliance with and ensures work group is also in compliance with BMC SHE policies and procedures.
- Leads the work group’s efforts in promoting and demonstrating safe behaviors through personal and team participation in SHE activities including incident investigations, HAZOP's, audits, near miss reporting, observations, housekeeping and in reviewing team and others' safety incidents and near misses.
- Ensure SHE delivery, compliance and self-verification processes for maintenance department activities.
- Support production activities at all times by ensuring minimum response times to equipment breakdowns and achievement of equipment availability targets.
- Managing and tracking maintenance PM performance. Those Duties include generation of daily work orders and equipment PM’s, daily work order assignment, creating equipment PM’s and database reports.
- Maintain safety and regulatory equipment at all times and report any defects.
- Leverage knowledge and skills of SAP software to forecast labor, services, and material costs in order to execute maintenance strategies.
- Ensures that the preventive maintenance program is a living and evolving program that is updated and optimized at all times.
- Build and use sound techniques and best practices to update progress, acquire information, baseline schedules, maintain schedules, track metrics, and support maintenance and project/outage teams on a routine basis.
- Prepare and analyze metric reports and applicable maintenance process performance KPIs.
- Record, track and monitor craft headcount and capacities to ensure adequate schedule loading on a weekly basis.
- Work with the project management team, managers, and others to develop work-around schedules to alleviate forecasted impacts to the critical path activities.
- Participate in the total project/outage planning process, verify progress and acquire information as required.
- Work directly with Material Expeditor as needed to ensure all required deliverables are achieved.
- This role will be a key link with all members of the technical department to assemble what is needed to best optimize our assets at a minimal cost through strong preventative and corrective maintenance managed through extensive knowledge of SAP software and a technical background.
- Utilize and update SAP data in the effort for continuous improvement.
- Prepare and maintain weekly maintenance schedule and schedule look-a-heads.
- Coordinate weekly scheduling meetings with Maintenance Coordinators, Superintendents, Team Leaders and Core Planners
- Develop resource balancing to ensure that priority maintenance orders are completed per requirements.
- Perform review of drafted weekly schedule to optimize the use of site maintenance shared resource groups
- Validate support crafts, equipment and outside resources/services
- Work closely with others involved in the maintenance work process to handle schedule breaks that are approved
- Monitor, track, and publish schedule compliance reports
Skills & Knowledge Required
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required
- Minimum five (5) years of chemical, refining, or manufacturing industry, with at least two (2) years of that experience in an operations, maintenance craft, planning or scheduling role.
- Knowledge and skill in the SAP Plant Maintenance Module is required.
- This includes, but not limited to, running list edit reports.
- Creating and changing maintenance items and task lists, creating and changing notifications, orders, publishing weekly schedules and creating requisitions.
- Publishing and issuing look ahead schedules to provide for additional maintenance execution efficiencies.
- Have a strong operational, mechanical, planning/scheduling background; knowledge of fixed and rotating equipment is preferred.
- Knowledge of safety, maintenance, and operations management systems.
- Be able to read and understand technical drawings and documentation associated with production equipment, vessels, tankage and other process equipment.
- Be able to communicate effectively both orally and written to all levels of the maintenance team as well as personnel in other departments.
- Work and interact effectively as a team member.
- Focuses efforts and prioritizes work to deliver business value.
- Willing to provide constructive feedback to peers.
- Have a strong mechanical background in an industrial environment.
- Effectively organizes work while balancing competing priorities.
- Preferred candidate will have used SAP in the performance of maintenance planning and/or scheduling.
- Proficient in use of SAP, Traction, MS Excel, Outlook or Lotus notes, and MS Word
INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidates are required to be fully COVID vaccinated.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-employment drug screen (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-employment verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA does not accept or retain unsolicited resumes or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance. On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.