At INEOS Pigments, we value the contribution of our people in making us one of the largest producers of titanium dioxide in North America. Providing numerous products and services to industries around the globe, from coatings to plastics to paper and other end-uses, we invest in employee development and offer a wide range of career opportunities, offering everyone the chance to broaden their experience and build a professionally rewarding career.
As a Maintenance Mechanic at INEOS Pigments, you will be responsible for the maintenance, service, and repair of manufacturing equipment in a twenty-four hour/day continuously operated facility. Rotating shift or day shift (Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 3:30 pm) as assigned. Overtime and off-hours call outs as required. This is a non-exempt salaried position. It is classified as a Safety Critical Role. Minimal travel as assigned. Safely and efficiently maintain/repair manufacturing and utilities equipment in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Key Activities Include:
- Monitor and troubleshoot manufacturing equipment and process. Report deviations, equipment failures, and hazards; and assist in plant investigations and problem resolutions.
- Able to use company computer systems to obtain spare parts for equipment repairs, and complete any documentation / reports as required.
- Participate and successfully complete training and development activities. Provide on–the–job training and mentoring for other maintenance personnel as required.
- Participate in team projects. Identify and share continuous improvement ideas to enhance equipment reliability, safety, and process improvements and cost reduction.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping, display safe working practices in all duties and identify, correct and report hazardous situations.
- Establish and share maintenance best practices.
- Ensure adherence to the INEOS Pigments Process and Behavioral Safety Principles and Life Saving Rules.
- Complete reports and documentation accurately as required.
- Review, comprehend and follow all Departmental rules, policies, and guidelines.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
You should possess:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent required
- 5 years of plant maintenance experience required, preferably in a chemical plant environment
- OSHA 30 hr. general industry safety certificate preferred
- Strong leadership skills preferred
- Mechanical Journeyman Card or License preferred
- Welding experience preferred
- General plant safety awareness
- Knowledge of various plant equipment and machinery
- Mechanical Aptitude – use of precision measurement tools and assembly techniques.
- Mechanical Print Reading
- Basic Pneumatic and Hydraulics
- Tube bending and Make-up
- Pipefitting Practices
- Flange Make-up and Torque Techniques
- Basic Pumps/Rebuild –types, packing, seals, and bearings
- Mechanical seals
- Lubrication – principles, characteristics, additives, and handling
- Bearings – installation, inspection, seals, and lubrication
- Valve Repair – gate, globe, butterfly, ball, check and relief
- Functionality with various computer programs, specifically Microsoft Office Suite and SAP
- ISO System and Procedures knowledge
This is a salaried non-exempt position either day or 12-hour rotating shift.
Our Ashtabula, Ohio Complex, consisting of two plants just south of Lake Erie, is a state of the art manufacturing complex with leading technology and more than 45 years of manufacturing excellence.
INEOS Pigments offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus and a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability with the buy-up option, basic life & AD&D insurance with a buy-up option for self and dependents, 401(k) with company match.
Read about "EEO is the Law"
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application