Machinery Relibility ENGINEER
Machinery Reliability Engineer
The Forties Pipeline System (FPS) is 100% INEOS owned and predominantly serves the central area of the North Sea. FPS has a nominal capacity in excess of one million barrels per day.
FPS transports crude oil and Natural Gas Liquids (NGLs) from over 50 offshore fields (including the St Fergus terminal) to the Kinneil terminal in Grangemouth. The crude and NGL products are stabilised at Kinneil where majority of the stabilised crude oil is then sent to the Dalmeny and Hound Point (DHP) terminal for tanker export.
Associated gas is also processed at Kinneil into dry gas (exported to the Grangemouth refinery) and propane plus butane which is sent for LPG export.
Reporting to the Export Engineering Manager, the post holder will provide Machinery Reliability Engineering support to the Export Assets. The Export Assets include DHP and the LPG export facilities (RLPG and PLPG).
DHP is located in South Queensferry and includes the Dalmeny tank farm and the Hound Point tanker-loading terminal in the Firth of Forth. The LPG export facilities are located in Grangemouth and include RLPG which stores and exports propane and butane.
- Act as reliability focal point for Export sites, with accountability for the full suite of Rotating Machinery, including compressors and pumps on varying duty - oil, LPG, water, utilities
- In line with above, lead improvements in machinery reliability, equipment strategy, defect elimination and equipment rationalisation.
- Responsible for development and implementation of condition monitoring strategy
- Act as single point of accountability (SPA) for development and ownership of critical spares strategy
- Responsible for leading key RCFAs and vulnerability studies
- Support the Asset teams in the development of maintenance and equipment life strategies
- Responsible for monitoring maintenance findings and assessing longer-term implications and impact on integrity, availability and/or reliability.
- Responsible for ownership of Machinery Reliability MOCs (Management of Change)
- Contribute to safety reviews, risk assessments and investigations as the Machinery reliability focal point.
- Act as custodian for the asset’s availability and reliability strategies for critical equipment
- Specify, scope and execute asset reliability improvements.
- Where required, lead and coordinate additional vendor support.
- Develop, own and maintain reliability and vulnerability risk registers
- SPA for Asset reliability and vulnerability meetings
- Participation in the FPS incident management team as required.
Qualifications and technical experience
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years+ experience
- Chartered Engineer, or working towards Chartership
- Experience of Oil & Gas or Chemical Industries.
How to Apply
We recognise that you may not fulfil every criteria, but if you meet most of them and are interested in hearing more about the role, please apply:
Interested candidates should submit their CV
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application