INEOS US CHEMICALS COMPANY
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
From soft drink bottles to packaging trays, from clothing to carpet, INEOS Aromatics makes the chemicals used to produce many of the things we use in our daily lives.
Our main products include paraxylene (PX) and purified terephthalic acid (PTA). PTA is a raw material used in the manufacture of polyesters used to make fibers, textiles, film, and polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles. PX is a feedstock for PTA production. We also produce metaxylene, a feedstock for PX production.
We are comprised of a diverse team of engineers, scientists and business professionals dedicated to discovering practices to confront some of the world’s biggest issues. We are looking for people who can contribute to our passion for reinvention, have a collaborative spirit and challenge our thinking in our ambition to achieve net zero.
We care about how we deliver these essential products to the world. Above everything, the safety, reliability, and excellence in our operations is fundamental to our success.
Our sites and offices can be found around the world, in the United States, United Kingdom, China, Belgium, Indonesia and Taiwan.
Logistics Purchasing Manager
Naperville, IL, USA
This position is responsible for ensuring the cost effective, on time shipment of all raw materials and finished products across a complex network of owned manufacturing sites, third party toll manufacturers, warehouses and trans-loading facilities while minimizing our fixed and variable costs and maximizing customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Lead the tendering and post contract award management across marine vessels, rail freight, rail cars, terminals, freight forwarders, truck freight, etc. to include aligning
Align stakeholders to clearly understand business demand
Develop and align stakeholders in developing and seeking approval of Strategies and Bid Lists
Act as the commercial face to the market
Tender and/or negotiate contracts
Align stakeholders and develop Recommendations for Awards
Socialize and seek endorsement and approval for awards/contracts
This role is responsible for logistics procurement across Aromatics and Acetyls within the Americas and requires a high level of stakeholder engagement and management at an executive level.
Ensure the infrastructure required to support the operating businesses is contracted to include optionality (fleet size, storage yards, maintenance, inspection and cleaning programs, systems, car/truck specifications, etc.)
Manage supplier performance post contract award to include claims
Provide business with forecasted logistics cost to accurately plan the business
Manage the rail asset acquisition /disposition processes including vendor negotiations and selection.
Lead/execute improvement projects to ensure continual improvement of service and cost.
Identify and proactively manage supply chain risks and vulnerabilities
Ensure the proper KPIs and progress reporting for the function
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- BS degree in supply chain management, operations management, business administration or related field with MBA preferred.
- Seasoned Professional with a minimum of 10 years related experience
- Strong background in logistics management, rail and marine experience required
- Extensive negotiation experience
- Knowledge of complete supply chain from production to delivery
- Strong analytical skills with ability to synthesize data into a clear, concise picture/message or call to action.
- CPIM - APICS or related professional certification beneficial.
- Strong leadership, facilitation of positive change, communications, team building, and conflict resolution skills a must.
Competencies / Behavioral Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, cross-functional projects and ensure successful completion.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to make quick calculated decisions.
- Good organization skills, ability to prioritize and handle competing demands daily
- Process, data and compliance driven customer focus.
- Sphere of influence – ability to influence, mediate, and persuade
- Change Management – effective change management and conflict management experience
Safety remains and always will be our number one priority in INEOS. Our US locations now require all new hires to provide one of the following as a condition of employment:
• Proof of Covid-19 vaccination, or
• Willingness to obtain the vaccine before hire date (under this option, proof of vaccination is a condition to any offer of employment and must be provided prior to commencement of employment), or
• Validation of your religious or medical exemption
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
INEOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.