INEOS Oligomers USA LLC
Organizational Context and Job Purpose
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products. We comprise 36 businesses with 194 sites in 29 countries throughout the world.
INEOS products make a significant contribution to saving life, improving health and enhancing standards of living for people around the world. Our businesses produce the raw materials that are essential in the manufacture of a wide variety of goods: from paints to plastics, textiles to technology, medicines to mobile phones - chemicals manufactured by INEOS enhance almost every aspect of modern life.
With manufacturing facilities in United States and Belgium, INEOS Oligomers is the largest merchant suppliers of Poly Alpha Olefins (“PAO”) in the world. The LaPorte PAO site is a fully self-contained operating plant within a larger petrochemical complex, shared with LyondellBasell. The LaPorte site consists of three production units capable of producing twenty-four different products spanning a broad viscosity range using multiple feeds.
Purpose of the job:
The Logistics Coordinator is part of the Operations team at the LaPorte PAO plant. This position is responsible for ensuring all plant SAP/order documentation activities associated with shipment of orders are fulfilled. The Logistics Coordinator is to maintain high standards of customer service for our internal and external customers.
The Logistics Coordinator will support and monitor activities to ensure compliance with federal, state, and industry regulations and operating rules with the intent to promote, ensure, and sustain commitment to managing logistics operations with no harm to people, property, and the environment.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Interfaces with customer service, shipping, security, commercial, terminal personnel, manufacturing, independent lab, independent surveyor and internal/external logistics personnel.
- Responsible for maintaining/creating ISO 9000 procedures for logistics functions at LaPorte.
- Participate in internal & external audits and interviews. Including 20 Principals & ISO 9000, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining DOT Hazardous Material & RCRA certification, which includes attending yearly refresher training.
- Responsible for scheduling Waste Water, Fuel Oil & Mixed Monomer shipments.
- Enter service infringement, customer complaints in Traction.
- Participate on LaPorte Quality Team to address Service Infringements and Customer Complaints against the plant.
- Responsible for issuing tank sample instructions to Third Party Terminal for certification.
- Responsible for assigning Tanks for Third Party Terminals to load customer orders.
- Responsible for assigning railcars for Third Party Terminal to load customer order.
- Responsible for participating in PAO Scheduling Meeting.
- Responsible for Certificate of Analysis generation for all PAO/LAO and outbound spent material shipments.
- Responsible for emailing Bill of Lading & Certificate of Analysis as requested in special instruction section of delivery notes.
- Works with Unit Engineer and others to coordinate railcar & trailer shipments of PAO/LAO products to Third Party Terminal.
- Input of production and UB orders for terminal inventories into SAP on a daily basis
- Ensuring customer service requirements are fully met through processing orders, creating loading/delivery notes, communicating issues with loading and monitoring LMR listing prior to truck arrival/departure
- Responsible for goods issuing all outbound materials with 24 hours of shipment
- Involvement with month end closing activities for inventory reconciliation at the LaPorte site and Third Party terminals
- Prepares railroad switch list on a daily basis
- Provide backup to Logistics Manager for daily reports and transactions, including but not limited to the following activities:
- Update Joffre in-transit spreadsheet and Vopak Deer Park railcar status report
- Issue pipeline transfer schedule to Vopak Deer Park
- Railroad shipment information
- Barge shipments from Chocolate Bayou to Vopak.
- In transit railcars from Chocolate Bayou report.
- Vet Utility line at Third Party Terminal.
- Track inbound empty railcars.
- Tracks railcar on-site inventory on a daily basis.
- Coordinate vessel loading with ship operator to minimize rescheduling trailer shuttles.
- Prepares loading plan for all product shipments on a daily basis.
- Responsible for vetting prior cargoes for vessel shipments and issuing marine load instructions to terminal and surveyor.
- Responsible for creating blended products at Third Party terminals and performing necessary backflush in SAP
- Approves invoices for services in their area of responsibility (Surveyor, Rail and Truck carriers)Other duties as required
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience
- High School Diploma required, some college preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office experience (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Ability to work independently
- Solid communication skills, ability to interact well with people at all levels of the organization
- Team player with ability to build relationships across functional and business unit
- Detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Display initiative by proactively taking action to solve or prevent problems
- Displays strong work ethic and accountability
ADA Physical requirements, visual acuity requirements and environmental conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and perform tasks requiring repetitive use of hands. The employee must occasionally walk, stand and travel by car, airplane or other means. Exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Employee must have the ability to see written documents, computer screens and to adjust focus.
Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make discriminations in sound.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.