INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products. It comprises 34 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 171 sites in 24 countries throughout the world. INEOS Joliet is part of the INEOS Enterprises portfolio. INEOS Enterprises is a global market leader in the production of intermediary chemicals that are used as an essential input into chemical value chains across a broad variety of end markets and sectors.
INEOS Joliet is a leading producer of chemical intermediates. At our 775-acre site in Channahon, Illinois (about 40 miles southwest of Chicago) we produce three products - Purified Isophthalic Acid (PIA), Trimellitic Anhydride (TMA) and Maleic Anhydride (MAN). The site also has a Waste Water Treatment facility with a capacity equal to a city of 200,000 people.
The position is an integral part of the INEOS Joliet Commercial team. The Commercial team manages all aspects of customer service, planning, logistics to support both the production site based in Joliet, IL and the supply chain operations across the globe.
The Logistics Coordinator/Rail will manage and be accountable for all outbound shipments and inventory for three finished product lines for the INEOS Joliet Facility, focusing primarily on rail logistics.
- Accountable for the outbound shipments/ inventory of three finished products from the facility.
- Scan and file documents per record retention requirements.
- Ensure railcar maintenance is completed per reliability plan (annual lining inspections, tank qualifications, and service qualifications).
- Utilize CSX and Bourque to divert railcars when necessary.
- Utilize Bourque to add railcar shipments outside of sales orders.
- Resolve railcar movements when a railroad misroutes a railcar.
- Manage spend associated with railcar inspection, maintenance, and lease costs within SAP.
- Manage railcar loading schedule to meet customer demand and inventory allocation.
- Maintain DOT Certification. Process OTMA movements for railcars.
- Ability to learn DOT hazardous shipping requirements to ship hazardous sample shipments by ground or air.
- To back up the Logistics Administrator and Inventory Coordinator roles during absences
- Inventory is allocated against sales orders per individual customer’s requirements.
- Generate paperwork, bill of ladings, certificate of analysis and Safety Data Sheets for shipments.
- Manage packaging supplies inventory and spend within SAP
- Accurately sign truck drivers in and out of the plant and ensure drivers receive the correct BOL’s, picks lips, certificate of analysis and Safety Data Sheets.
- Work with internal stakeholders to balance month end inventory between physical count and SAP.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- At least 1 year of experience in logistic/supply chain, preferably in a chemical, refinery or manufacturing facility;
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP system;
- DOT shipping experience a plus.
- Demonstrated successful verbal, written, and interpersonal skills and the ability to build positive relationships with the Plant Team and Commercial Team.
- Confident self-starter who can work independently taking ownership on packaging requirements based on sales forecast.
- Ability to appropriately deal with multiple & changing site priorities, including challenging situations (ie, carrier failures).
While performing the duties of this job the individual will perform primarily office tasks requiring repetitive use of hands; however, may occasionally be required to enter production areas to understand processes and for auditing purposes. Minimum requirements include:
- Maintaining constant awareness of personal safety and the safety of all other personnel. This includes knowledge of INEOS 20 Safety Principles and other safety procedures and rules.
- Being physically able to wear and navigate with a respirator if needed.
- Being able to pick up a 50 lb object such as a fire extinguisher or a large book/binder.
- Being able to work at a desk and operate routine items such as a computer and calculator; close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make discriminations in sound.
Safety remains and always will be our number one priority in INEOS. Our US locations now require all new hires to provide one of the following as a condition of employment:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination; or
- Willingness to obtain the vaccine before hire date (under this option, proof of vaccination is a condition to any offer of employment and must be provided prior to commencement of employment): or
- Validation of your religious or medical exemption.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application