Purpose of the job:
The Lead Project Engineer (LPE) reports to the Senior Project Manager and assists him for his duties related to delivering his Project safely, on time, on budget, and meeting the Business Statement of Requirements with a satisfactory level of Quality.
Environment / Context:
The O&P North business plans to establish a world scale (1450kta) Cracker at the Lillo site in Belgium.
The Cracker plant is anticipated to come on-line in 2026, with an execution cycle time of about 4 years from Feed to RTO with an execution cycle time of about 5 to 5,5 years from Feed to RTO.
- ISBL Cracker unit using licensed technology
- OSBL : Cooling, Power & Utilities, Waste Water Treatment, Control room, common buildings, Jetty’s, Tanks and logistics (Pipeline TP, Jetties, Ethane storage tank,
- AZAP: Administration Campus, Zwijndrecht ethylene terminal expansion, and Permitting
The Program team (IPMT) will be led by the Project One Project Director and include the Senior Project Manager (SPM) of each project delivery teams.
Project Delivery teams include INEOS, PMC and a large number of Feed Contractor/EPC companies personnel.
The project teams are spread in different locations (Belgium, UK, Germany, France, Holland, …) depending on the selection of the different EPCs. The Lead PE role would be expected to travel to the engineering location if relevant during engineering, and, as the project moves to the Construction phase, it is expected that the Lead PE role would need to spend most of their time at the Lillo site.
Internal factors for LPE’s performance:
- Safety Performance (SHE)
- Perform project on budget and on schedule
- Ensure the technology selected and the plant constructed meet the key deliverables of the O&P North business
External factors for LPE’s performance:
- Ensure compliance with environmental legislation, prior to and post start-up
Accountabilities / duties of the job:
Key responsibilities will be to assist the AZAP SPM in the following duties, including :
DURING DEFINE PHASE
- Become familiar with the DEFINE contracts, project specifications and procedures
- Support and coordinate the site related activities
- Interface between the engineering activities, the sites and construction for early works
- Interface between admin campus team, sites and construction
- Support local permit applications
- Leads meetings and provide subsequent minutes of meeting
- Plans project reviews and follow up all actions from meetings and ensure on time close out of the actions.
- Ensure post review changes are incorporated according to MOC procedure. Drives change management, including mitigations.
- Assist in the preparation of estimates and in the preparation and assessment of change order requests.
- Plan and attend third party audits
- Support Project review preparations “ Gate review, GCC, etc.”
- Validate applicable documents for issuance to CONTRACTOR
- Work with discipline engineers to optimize the design
- Assists PM and other team members to create documents such as document control or coordination procedures, PEP, Quality plan, Construction execution plan, contracting strategy, Project engineering procedures, document distribution matrix
- Report to Project Manager on a regular basis regarding HSE, progress, quality and areas of concern.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports as required
- Propose improvement plans where required
- Lead lessons learned workshops and prepare lessons learned report
- Ensures technical queries and waivers are answered on time
- Assist PM to assess and select the contract suppliers and manage their performance to achieve project objectives
- Assist PM to develop and deliver a project execution strategy, which meet business objectives and agreed processes for design, construction and commissioning.
- Work with a team of Engineering Manager, Discipline Engineers, Interface Engineer alongside to support personnel to ensure the full scope, cost estimates, schedules and execution plans are delivered.
In addition to the above duties, the following apply during EPC
- Through the construction super-intendant, ensure work is performed according to approved plans, agreements and regulations
- Manages his portion of the scope of work during EPC, accountable for HSE, budget, quality and schedule.
Supervision of staff: Not expected during FEED phase except when replacing PM. In charge of execution of his assigned scope of work during EPC.
- Degree qualified or equivalent in an engineering discipline.
- >10 years’ experience
- Outstanding organisational and action follow up skills
- Skilled project engineer with a proven track record
- Experienced people leader.
- Sound knowledge of engineering, construction and, if possible, commissioning.
- Experience of technically complex projects
- Good technology awareness.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Sincere commitment to safety, safety leadership
- Creativity in solving problems
- Strong team player
- Have a point of view and be willing to defend their position
- Commercial Acumen
- Ability to work smoothly with and motivate a wide range of people and personalities, in a high pressure environment
Working in UK LONDON area
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application