INEOS Composites US LLC
Are you interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference? Our culture is one of honesty, integrity and transparency with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.
On our team people are acknowledged for embracing new ideas that help create real value for customers. Let’s get there together.
INEOS Composites is a global chemicals business with a network extending to 6 manufacturing operations in the US, 1 in Brazil, 4 in Europe, 2 in China along with offices and headquarters in Ohio, Barcelona and Shanghai. The Composites Business primary products include unsaturated polyester resins (UPRs), vinyl ester resins (VERs) and gel coats.
INEOS has an exciting opportunity for a lab technician for mechanical testing to join our INEOS Composites business. The purpose of this role is to measure mechanical (stiffness and strength) and impact properties of various materials to support R&D, technical service, and customer specifications while maintaining a clean and safe working environment. Lab Technicians will receive extensive training on the safe operation of cutting room equipment. While testing, the employee will be encouraged to learn more about INEOS Composites products, mechanical testing, ASTM protocols, ISO test procedures, composite manufacturing, and end-use applications.
Key Activities Include:
- Preparing test specimens from molded samples using band saws, diamond saws, routers, and surface grinders
- Test prepared specimens by using Instron Mechanical testers in tensile, flex, shear, and/or compression to measure the modulus (stiffness) and strength
- Perform additional testing involving impact, heat deflection temperature, density, and water absorption
- Data input into computer Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Learn and utilize Instron Bluehill Software to analyze and report data
- Interact with R&D, Tech Service, and Sales personnel as needed to achieve business objectives
- Safely and efficiently operate laboratory equipment in accordance with Company policies, procedures and work instructions
- Perform with minimal guidance:
o Laboratory testing
o Recording of observations and measurements and reporting of results
o Participation in special projects / test development
- Conduct testing/lab work in accordance with specified methods, agreed timetables, ensuring accurate results
- Monitor and troubleshoot lab equipment
- Undertake and successfully complete training and development activities
- Provide on-the-job training for others as required
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping
- Use appropriate PPE, lab coat, safety glasses and gloves, at all times
- Maintain laboratory stockroom, supplies and the inventory of retained samples
- Perform other duties as required
Education and Experience:
- An Associate degree in a technical field, Bachelor’s preferred
- Mechanical testing and/or mechanical technology type applications experience highly preferred
- Knowledge of laboratory operations, analytical testing
- Related experience in a manufacturing/laboratory environment
- Knowledge of gelcoats, fiberglass, polyester resin is strongly desired
- Strong mathematical skills
- Comfortable using power tools and cutting equipment
- Basic knowledge of chemical functions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Integrity, safety commitment, teamwork, organization/ time-management, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application