Pasadena, TX, USA
INEOS Styrolution America LLC
INEOS Styrolution is a leading global styrenics supplier, with a focus on styrene monomer, polystyrene, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene standard and styrenic specialties. Offering excellent production facilities, cutting-edge R&D centers, international reach, and over 90 years' experience pioneering real change through sustainable solutions, all while makeing the circular economy for styrenics a reality.
Global leader in styrenics: No. 1 leader in styrenics with a focus on Styrene Monomer, Polystyrene, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene Standard and Styrenic Specialties
Employees: 3,600 worldwide
Production sites: 20 manufacturing sites in 10 countries
Customer base: Customers in 106 countries
Sales: 4 billion EUR in 2020
Safety remains, and always will be, our number one priority in INEOS. Our US locations now require all new hires to provide one of the following as a condition of employment:
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination, or
- Willingness to obtain the vaccine before hire date (under this option, proof of vaccination is a condition to any offer of employment and must be provided prior to commencement of employment), or
- Validation of your religious or medical exemption
Provide routine analytical data on styrene plant raw materials, intermediates, waste and finished products to production, utilities, environmental, and logistics departments using analysis of samples to support both the Texas City and Pasadena styrene monomer plants.
- Perform all analysis in a timely and safe manner.
- Follow INEOS LIfe Saving Rules and all behavioral and process safety expectations.
- Analyze raw materials and finished products to insure continuous improvement
- Issue Certificates of Analysis for product shipments. Release barges and ships for loading. Ensure correct inhibitor is added to shipments.
- Serve on plant, operations and laboratory teams to insure continuous improvement
- Maintain housekeeping at a level consistent with laboratory standards
- Train to achieve and maintain laboratory technician certification
- Work in LIMS and SAP for data entry and Certificate of Analysis generation.
- Work on and perform basic lab equipment preventative maintenance on a frequent basis.
- A.S. or B.S. degree in Chemistry or related field with three (3) years laboratory experienced in a chemical laboratory (preferred) OR
- High School diploma or G.E.D. with five (5) years laboratory experience in a chemical laboratory
Able to work a rotating 12 hour shift
- Available for overtime
Working knowledge of Chemistry and Math to Algebra level
Knowledge of general laboratory/analytical procedures/laboratory automation system/gas chromatography
Cognitive skills capable of interpreting and communicating analytical data
Computer proficient in Microsoft Office application and lab-related software
Experience with Baytek LIMS and Agilent Chem Station and SAP is a plus
This opportunity is located in Pasadena, TX, approximately 20 miles east of downtown Houston. Please note that relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
Why Should You Apply?
Competitive salaries, performance-related pay and bonuses.
Comprehensive benefits package with low premiums including health, short term disability, life and accidental death insurance plans
401K with company match + contributions
Fitness and tuition reimbursement
Flexible work environment
Career development and progression
We are INEOS Styrolution because:
We provide equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
We are committed to the safety and personal wellness of all our employees
We recognize success and reward achievements
We support employees who are passionate about success and motivated.
We offer a positive learning environment and encourage the sharing of best practices
We produce materials that are necessary for our daily lives
We contribute to the communities in which we operate and donate to organizations our employees care about
We foster teamwork and safe, positive working environments
We are excited to hear from you and to share more about our organization.
All the best,
The INEOS Styrolution Talent Team
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application