INEOS Composites US LLC
Are you interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference? Our culture is one of honesty, integrity and transparency with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.
On our team people are acknowledged for embracing new ideas that help create real value for customers. Let’s get there together.
INEOS has an exciting opportunity for a Lab Technician to join our INEOS Composites, LLC business at our Neville Island (Pittsburgh, PA) site. This is a very visible, significant role within the Company and the Quality function. This position will report to the Manager of Quality and Process Improvement.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
GENERAL: Must follow all Safety Rules, Regulations, Laboratory Procedures, Corporate/Plant Policies, and Laws at all times. Establish an orderly flow of batches being processed, adjusted and shipped to customers by using
standard operating procedures. Be able to adapt to new methods or problems as they arise. Determine physical and chemical characteristics of batches and make recommendations of additives in order to meet specifications.
Evaluate raw materials and storage tanks to verify that components used in the polyester process meet all requirements. Provide technical support as needed to production operators in order to maintain a smooth flow of material being processed, adjusted and shipped.
1)Perform chemical and physical analysis on samples using established procedures, to include but not limited to: viscosity, thixotropic index, gel, interval, peak, appearance, color, monomer percent.
2)Make recommendations to production operators as to what should be added to batches in order that all physical and chemical properties can be met.
3) Maintain all components of batch records such as process log sheets, charge sheets, face sheets, rework sheets, specification sheets, certificates of analysis, and other paperwork as relevant to the product.
4) Prepare lab scale blends and adjust them to meet the physical attributes needed for large scale production.
5) Assist with the ordering, receiving, and shipping of raw materials and samples.
6) Keep track of laboratory materials and replace as needed. Examples being glassware, paper goods and miscellaneous chemical additives.
7) Maintain laboratory equipment to include periodic calibration, cleaning, and maintenance.
8) Packaging, labeling, and loading hazardous waste satellite container for shipment.
9)Disposal of contaminated refuse material.
10)Recommend formula revisions based on product history.
11)Effectively communicate with other laboratory technicians to maintain the proper flow of information concerning the lab, kettles, and processing batches.
12) Enter finished product and raw material information into SAP QM system.
13) Misc. activities as assigned by the Quality Manager (Production procedures, MSDSs, Check Samples, filling in for other Lab Techs, etc.)
At all times, follow all aspects of Responsible Care and security for the facility
• High School diploma or Vo Tech certification
• Strong mathematical skills
• Data / Word processing / Personal computer experience
• Problem solving skills•
Preferred qualifications include:
• AS or BS degree in Chemistry, Biology or science related field
• 3-5 years laboratory experience or;
• 3-5 years wet chemistry / laboratory testing background
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application