INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products. It comprises 34 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 171 sites in 24 countries throughout the world. INEOS Joliet is part of the INEOS Enterprises portfolio. INEOS Enterprises is a global market leader in the production of intermediary chemicals that are used as an essential input into chemical value chains across a broad variety of end markets and sectors.
INEOS Joliet is a leading producer of chemical intermediates. At our 775 acre site in Channahon, Illinois (about 40 miles southwest of Chicago) we produce three products - Purified Isophthalic Acid (PIA), Trimellitic Anhydride (TMA) and Maleic Anhydride (MAN). The site also has a Waste Water Treatment facility with a capacity equal to a city of 200,000 people.
The position is an integral part of the INEOS Joliet Maintenance Team. The I/E Planner will be part of the Turnaround Support maintenance team, reporting to the Turnaround Coordinator, and will support the department’s turnaround planning and scheduling processes of instrumentation and electrical activities at the INEOS Joliet site. The main responsibility of the I/E Planner is to produce quality Electrical and Instrumentation work packs in support of the turnaround function, identifying the tasks and labor required to execute the work safely and efficiently, as well as all associated materials and equipment. This position will also be responsible for developing and updating turnaround job plans and preventive maintenance instructions (PMs), coordinating with procurement and ensuring the availability of required materials, tools and equipment. During turnaround events, the incumbent is required to support field personnel and turnaround management organization through field supervision, information sharing and logistics coordination. This position requires close coordination with maintenance personnel, as well as with the Production, Technology Services, Supply Chain Management and SHE departments.
RESPONSIBILITIES and ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage I/E turnaround work orders, from the moment work is identified until it can be handed over to appropriate individuals, internal or external, for execution. Provide project management of other system planners or contractors to develop detailed elements of overall package preparation.
- Develop detailed job plans, identifying required manpower, materials, equipment, and services. This includes:
- Troubleshooting and estimating repairing, replacing and installing DCS, PLC and HMI components, motors, A/C and D/C VFD's, electrical circuits and MCC starters;
- Troubleshooting and estimating repairing, replacing, and installing conduit, wiring and electrical equipment;
- Troubleshooting and estimating the calibration, replacing and installation of instrumentation components;
- Troubleshooting and estimating the calibration, replacing, rebuilding, and installing of control valves;
- Estimating the replacement, adjusting, maintaining, and repairing electrical distribution center breakers;
- Troubleshooting and estimating repairing and replacing controls communication networks;
- Troubleshooting process upsets.
- Perform accurate job cost estimates. Utilize SAP and maintenance planning board and PM administration/creation.
- Support the development of risk assessments for the turnaround jobs.
- Identify materials, equipment and services required to execute the planned jobs. Coordinate with the Procurement department to ensure all materials, equipment and services are available before the work is ready for scheduling.
- Create and update standard turnaround job plans and PMs and maintain the job plan library to ensure improved efficiency of turnaround events; supporting maintenance with E&I documentation.
- Adhere to established work processes and practices. Ensure compliance with established processes and guidelines, including permitting, isolations and risk identification.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant planning experience, preferably in the chemical industry;
- Trades Certification and/or College Diploma in the electrical and/or instrumentation field preferred, or equivalent work experience;
- SAP experience;
- MS Office experience, including development of spreadsheets to track and chart information pertaining to maintenance
- Strong commitment to safety and environmental excellence
- Self-motivated, with an ability and desire to work with others, including cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced 24/7 environment.
- Demonstrated successful verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the critical importance of deadline management.
- Confident self-starter who is able to work independently taking ownership on packaging requirements based on sales forecast.
- Ability to appropriately deal with multiple & changing site priorities, including challenging situations.
While performing the duties of this job the individual will perform primarily office tasks requiring repetitive use of hands; however, will be required to enter production areas to complete all duties of this role.
- Being able to work in a safety sensitive environment that includes large rotating equipment and hazardous chemicals.
- Must be able to withstand both winter and summer temperatures while wearing the appropriate personal protective equipment.
- In addition, must be comfortable working in a loud environment that could include exposure to fumes/odors or vibration from surrounding equipment.
- Being able to ascend and descend a barrel ladder with continuous vertical length of up to 35 feet.
- Being able to climb and descend stairs up to a total structure height of 80 feet.
- Being physically able to wear and navigate through the unit with a respirator if needed.
- Being able to pick up a 50 lb object such as a fire extinguisher or a large book/binder.
- Being able to work at a desk and operate routine items such as a computer and calculator; close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make discriminations in sound.
Safety remains and always will be our number one priority in INEOS. Our US locations now require all new hires to provide one of the following as a condition of employment:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination; or
- Willingness to obtain the vaccine before hire date (under this option, proof of vaccination is a condition to any offer of employment and must be provided prior to commencement of employment): or
- Validation of your religious or medical exemption.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application