Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products. It comprises 15 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 65 manufacturing facilities in 16 countries throughout the world. INEOS products make a significant contribution to saving life, improving health and enhancing standards of living for people around the world. Its businesses produce the raw materials that are essential in the manufacture of a wide variety of goods: from paints to plastics, textiles to technology, and medicines to mobile phones - chemicals manufactured by INEOS enhance almost every aspect of modern life.
Ethylene oxide (EO) is an important building block for the preparation of a wide variety of EO derivatives (EODs), including various surfactants, as well as a host of other chemical intermediates including Glycol Ethers, Polyethlene Glycols, Ethanolamines, and Alkyl Alkanolamines.
INEOS Oxide is one of the world’s leading producers of Ethylene Oxide (EO) and Ethylene Oxide Derivatives (EODs). We currently have a total EO capacity of 920 kta spread across three different production units throughout Europe. These units have leading cost economics, due to economies of scale, state-of-the-art technology, strategic locations, etc. Our recently announced EO project in the US is targeting the fast growing merchant EO market, building on our experience and leadership position in Europe.
Purpose of the Job:
The I&E Supervisor leads the I&E resources to maintain the electrical, control systems, and instrumentation systems used to operate the production facilities ensuring the safety of personnel, protection of the environment, and the reliability and availability of the plant to achieve production targets cost effectively.
The individual will maintain instrument, electrical, and analyzer reliability for the INEOS Plaquemine facility. This includes inspections/testing, maintenance, troubleshooting, and reduction of failures, as well as maintaining documentation of these systems.
In addition, the technician will also be responsible for handling projects independently and communicate status on a routine basis.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
- This position – and all positions – with the INEOS Oxide LLC organization requires that the incumbent commit to learning, following, and practicing INEOS 20 Principles of Process & Behavioral Safety as applicable to the position. These Principles are posted throughout each Oxide facility and each employee must commit to following INEOS’ Life-Saving rules on a daily basis. These are posted within each Oxide facility.
- Maintain safety as the highest priority of the plant by adhering to and upholding all safety policies and standards.
- Maintain and control the safe and efficient operation of the production unit using established operating disciplines and procedures.
- Ensure achievement of safety and environmental compliance while understanding and enforcing principles and programs.
- Perform period testing, calibration, and documents of the following:
- Safety Instrument Systems
- All block pay meters
- Perform normal troubleshooting and maintenance on all field instrumentation including but not limited to:
- Pneumatic and electro-pneumatic valves
- ‘Smart’ control valves and instruments
- Pneumatic instruments
- Maintain, troubleshoot and perform normal periodic testing, calibration, as well as documentation of plant communications systems:
- Plant Radios
- Intercom system
- Maintain the field instrument data collected using ‘smart’ instrument interfaces (Dresser SV12 Emerson 375, etc) in the Emerson Asset Management System database
- Read, understand, and keep up to date of instrument documentation such as:
- Loop drawings
- Logic drawings
- Vendor (Honeywell, Hima, Rosemont) drawings
- Maintain, troubleshoot and perform normal periodic testing, calibration, as well as documentation of:
- 15KVA and under power distribution
- Plant UPS system
- 480-volt starters and variable speed drives
- An understanding of cascade redundant UPS
- Perform normal periodic testing, calibration, and documentation of:
- Combustible gas detectors
- Ammonia detectors
- pH and conductivity analyzer probes
- Online TOC analyzers
- Online gas chromatographs
- Perform normal troubleshooting and maintenance on all listed above
- Consistently looks for continuous improvement opportunities and pushes corrective items through to completion
- Works as a team with other disciplines and follows SAP workflow
- Works to make the department more efficient by improving documentation, reducing replication, and creating and improving saved job plans
- Evaluates preventive maintenance plans for effectiveness and improvement opportunities
- Ensures the required technical skills direct reports are maintained
- Evaluates overtime requests against risk, backlog, and productivity to decide if overtime is needed.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on capital projects and ensure equipment is maintainable, meets specifications, similar manufacturers when possible, and is reliable.
Level of Education & Experience in general
- Technical Degree in Instrumentation, Electrical, and Analyzer with at least 5-10 years in a manufacturing environment
- Strong 15kva and under technical skills and troubleshooting ability
- SAP knowledge a plus
- Understanding of basic measurement principles, good engineering, & construction practices in the chemical process industry.
- Knowledge of Lab analyzers including gas chromatographs
- Comprehension and understanding of cascade redundant UPS
- Produce 5-year capital plans and sees them through to completion
- Ability to evaluate risk and offer multiple paths to completion
- Strong oral communication skills
- Always seeking continuous improvement and ways to increase efficiency in all aspects of the job
- Sets goals, implements plans to achieve goals and removes barriers from achieving goals
- Self-motivated and requires minimum oversight
- Ability to multi-task and re-direct priorities frequently
ADA Physical requirements, visual acuity requirements and environmental conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and perform tasks requiring repetitive use of hands. The employee must occasionally walk, stand and travel by car, airplane or other means. Exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Employee must have the ability to see written documents, computer screens, and to adjust focus.
Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make discriminations in sound.
Work Environment: This job is performed mainly in a temperature controlled office environment.
Candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
INEOS Oxide adheres to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, prohibiting discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), or national origin, and to the Equal Pay Act of 1963, as amended prohibiting sex discrimination in payment of wages to women and men performing substantially equal work in jobs that require equal skill, effort, and responsibility under similar working conditions, in the same establishment.
- Reliability >99%
- AsCare >80%
- ISO Compliance 100%
- Safely Executed TAR
- SHE Performance – zero incidents
- Meet all departmental annual training goals as defined in the annual performance assessment
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.