INEOS US CHEMICALS COMPANY
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
The Instrument & Electrical Engineer is responsible for providing I&E engineering support to maintain and improve instrument, electrical and control infrastructure at the plant.
The Instrument & Electrical Engineer is a highly autonomous member of the Engineering Group for Ineos's Cooper River Plant.
- Demonstrates behaviors which promote a safe work environment
- Works within and/or leads multi-discipline project teams with direct responsibility for the development, execution, and implementation of projects in support of the site and Business strategic objectives (most managed projects will include or be heavily weighted on instrument and/or electrical scope items).
- Leads reliability improvement efforts and provides support and direction in completing repairs to electrical equipment and power distribution systems (up to 34.5 kV).
- Provides timely technical service in the instrument and electrical areas through daily monitoring of unit operations.
- Identifies ways to reduce cost, improve reliability and enhance safety and environmental performance
- Provides technical support, skills/consultation to various engineering and field personnel, including field troubleshooting when needed.
- Provides/conducts I&E engineering design and/or PLC programmable services on smaller I&E projects.
- Manages engineering contractors and their deliverables on larger I&E controls projects.
- Ensures procedural compliance with company, industry, and regulatory standards.
- Performs specialized technical training to field personnel as requested.
- Maintains and accurately updates I&E documentation, including drawings, datasheets, databases, equipment files, etc.
- Pursues improvements to the instrument and control system components and designs to improve their performance and increase plant availability.
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum 5 years of experience
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- Legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than your current employer
- I&E experience supporting manufacturing
- Design/engineering practice, including instrumentation, general purpose PLC specification and programming, area classification, power distribution and control, motor controls, lighting design and/or process analyzers.
- A proven track record for pushing through performance improvements
- Minimum of 5 years of experience interfacing and supporting operations and maintenance teams.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience troubleshooting and Maintenance engineering experience.
- The ability to communicate & relate well with people at all levels.
- The ability to influence multi-disciplinary teams
Desirable Criteria / Qualifications
- Honeywell TDC3000 and/or Experion hardware experience.
- Triconex, August Systems, Allen Bradley PLS multiple platform experience
- Safety instrumented system experience.
- Previous chemical plant, refinery or related industry experience.
- Project engineering experience.
Certifications/Licenses (List any required and preferred certifications/licenses)
Other Requirements (such as Travel, Location)
- Must be at least 18 years of age; legally authorized to work in the United States; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status), now or in the future.
- Must be able to fluently speak, write, and read English.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.