INEOS Composites US LLC
INEOS has an exciting opportunity for an Instrument & Electrician Mechanic to join our Composites business at our Philadelphia, Pennsylvania location.
INEOS Composites is a global chemical business with sales volume of 320 kte and revenue in excess of $1 billion. The Composites business has 6 manufacturing operations in the US, 1 in Brazil, 4 in Europe, 2 in China along with offices and headquarters in Ohio, Barcelona and Shanghai. The Composites Business primary products include unsaturated polyester resins (UPRs), vinyl ester resins (VERs) and gel coats.
The Instrument & Electrician Mechanic is responsible for the installation, preventive maintenance and repair of all facility instrumentation and electrical components, utilities, and chemical processing equipment, including but not limited to: valves, transmitters, motors, VFD’s, MCC, DCS, and PLC components. The successful candidate must have prior experience in a chemical or industrial environment. Be able to safely and effectively troubleshoot, repair and calibrate designated equipment, take appropriate actions, complete work orders and inspection reports, document findings, and provide appropriate feedback. The successful candidate will perform preventive maintenance tasks on electrical and some mechanical equipment and help identify and implement reliability improvements. Must understand and comply with OHSA, NFPA and NEC Standards and company policies and procedures. Prior mechanical experience is preferred.
- Must meet at least ONE of the following criteria:
- Certified Journeyman as an electrician or instrument technician.
- Completion of an accredited vocational technical training program as an electrician or instrument technician and minimum 5 years experience in the chemical or related industries.
- Equivalent industry experience as an electrician or instrument technician in the chemical or related industries may be considered.
- Must be willing to work overtime, shutdowns, and call-ins, as required.
- Must be able to perform the essential physical requirements of the position.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be willing to learn other general mechanical maintenance tasks/duties (e.g. boiler operation, general pump troubleshooting and maintenance, piping systems, miscellaneous preventive maintenance tasks, etc.)
- Must be able to read and understand P&ID and electrical diagrams and other complex electrical drawings and manuals.
- Must be proficient in troubleshooting 120 volt AC and 4-20ma controls, 480 volt motors and switch gear and loop controlled systems.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check.
HAVE STRONG KNOWLEDGE OF INEOS 20 SAFETY PRINCIPLES AND LIFE SAFETY
- We believe all incidents and injuries can be prevented Everyone’s first responsibility is to ensure they work safely Everyone has the duty to stop work if they feel the situation is unsafe The expectations and standards are the same for everyone on site Rules and procedures must be observed and respected We should look out for each other’s safety and unsafe situations All injuries and incidents/ near misses must be reported and investigated Risk assessment must be carried out prior to, during and on completion of work All team leaders have a special responsibility for promoting and upholding these principles We must always work within the limit of our competency and training
- The asset operating manager is responsible for its overall integrity. The asset engineers are responsible for maintaining the asset and protective systems’ integrity. The responsibilities in the organization for defining and maintaining the correct operating envelopes must be clear. Operating procedures and envelopes must be observed. Deviations must be reported and investigated. Any changes must be properly risk assessed and subjected to MOC procedures. Process hazards are systematically identified, risk assessed, reviewed and managed. All assets must be subject to periodic inspection designed to ensure their integrity and the reliability of their protective systems. Operations must always place the safe operation or shutdown of the asset ahead of production. When in doubt, the asset must always be taken to its safest state. We have emergency plans based on assessed risks which are regularly tested.
INEOS GROUP LIFE SAVING RULES
- 1. No consumption or being under the influence of alcohol or drugs on company property.
- 2. No smoking outside dedicated smoking areas.
- 3. No work on live equipment/machines to commence without authorization.
- 4. Safety critical devices/interlocks must not be disabled or overridden without authorization.
- 5. Persons working at height must use proper fall protection.
- 6. No entry to confined space without authorization and gas test.
- 7. Lifting & hoisting – no unauthorized person to enter the defined danger zone where objects can fall.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application