Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Visit YouTube to watch a short introduction to INEOS Aromatics.
INEOS Aromatics is a global chemical manufacturing company that produces products the polyester industry uses to make many of the things we use in our daily lives, such as clothes, carpets, furniture, automotive parts and food packaging.
We employ 1,300 employees in sites in the United States, United Kingdom, Mainland China, Belgium, Indonesia and Taiwan, with annual sales of $4 billion. Our diverse team of engineers, scientists and business professionals is dedicated to discovering solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges. For example, learn more about the potentially game-changing plastic recycling technology, Infinia, we are developing in Illinois.
We care about how we deliver these essential products to the world. Our business has been proud to lead the global polyester industry towards a more sustainable future for some time. Above everything, the safety, reliability and excellence of our operations is fundamental to what we do.
We are looking for people who share our passion for excellence, collaboration and innovation. In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a competitive benefits package including: health, dental & vision insurance, 401K match (up to 9%), STD/LTD, paid dependent care days, Life Insurance/Accidental Death and Dismemberment, 9 paid holidays, 2 personal days and paid vacation.
INEOS Aromatics is part of INEOS, formed in 1998 and already one of the world’s most successful companies, with an annual turnover of over $60 billion and 25,000 employees - over 5,000 of them in the US. INEOS is also one of the safest manufacturing companies in the world, nothing is more important to us.
Instrument & Electrical Technician
This position safely and effectively maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs instrumentation and electrical equipment used on the operating units. The incumbent performs routine and specialized maintenance on equipment including troubleshooting, repair, and failure analysis of instrumentation and electrical equipment. This is a represented union craft position.
- Maintains and improves safety in the plant.
- Supports emergency plant needs 24 hours per day.
- Disassembles, repairs, and reassembles instrumentation and electrical equipment.
- Uses process flow sheets, instrument system diagrams, single-line electrical drawings, and schematics for installation, troubleshooting, and repairing instrumentation and electrical systems.
- Enters data into computers and writes reports.
- Maintains equipment history logs, including As Found/As Left conditions.
- Maintains process equipment in accordance with established procedures and processes.
- Coordinates maintenance activities with operations personnel.
- Works with operations to troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment and instrumentation.
- Identifies opportunities to improve equipment functionality.
- Identifies opportunities to improve the process, procedures, training, and other aspects of the operation.
- Supports plant total preventative maintenance activities by training and coaching operations personnel relating to I&E equipment.
- Provides support to unit engineering and reliability engineering.
- Identifies specific cost reduction opportunities.
Education and Experience:
- 3 + years Instrumentation and Electrical experience in a plant/manufacturing environment – AND – one of the following:
- Journeyman Electrician or higher - OR
- 4-year Electrical Apprentice Program Completion Certificate - OR
- 2 years Military training in a related I & E field - OR
- Associates Degree in Instrument Technology or related field.
- 10 Years’ Experience as an I&E Technician in a plant/manufacturing environment.
- Must have excellent communications skills in English
CORE & FOUNDATION COMPETENCIES:
- Performance Bias
- Business Insight
- SHE Skills
- Taking the Lead
- Interpersonal Skills
- Partnership & Teamworking
- Digital Skills
- Wise Decisions
- Technical Disciplines
- Operations Competencies
- Unit Specific Competencies
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
INEOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.