Company:INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
INEOS Olefins and Polymers USA
Number of Openings
October 6, 2022
Organizational context and job purpose
The Chocolate Bayou Works site is located in South-eastern Texas about 40 miles South of Houston and consists of two Olefin units that produce approximately 3bn pounds/year of ethylene, 2 Polypropylene units that produce approximately 800m pounds/year of polypropylene, storage and transfer facilities at Stratton Ridge. The Site also provides knowledge sharing support and functional guidance through relationships with the PE / PP facilities at Battleground and the Hobbs gas processing facility in New Mexico, with the headquarters located in League City, TX.
How the Role Fits In:
The INEOS Chocolate Bayou Site has a position open for a Unit Inspector to become a member of the Mechanical Integrity & Reliability department. This position is accountable for maintaining functional relationships with the various Units to accomplish daily inspection and maintenance activities. Additional responsibilities for this role are outlined in the Quality Manual.
This position will report directly to the Chief Inspector.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
Accountability 1: SHE Stewardship
- The position is accountable for understanding and putting into practice the INEOS 20 Principles. Additionally, this position has a special responsibility to cascade the understanding of these principles throughout their work group.
- Leads by example and ensures work group is in compliance with CBW SHE policies and procedures.
- Leads the work group’s efforts in promoting and demonstrating safe behaviors through personal and team participation in SHE activities including incident investigations, HAZOP's, audits, observations, housekeeping and in reviewing team and others' safety incidents and near misses.
- Ensure SHE delivery, compliance and self-verification processes for departmental maintenance activities.
- Develop job plans that are logically sequenced for safe and efficient work execution. Key plan elements include:
- required skill crafts and duration
- required tools and equipment
- optimal scheduling logic between operations
- requisition for necessary parts and materials
- special instructions and required documentation such as QA/QC needs, piping schematics, safety such as hazard identification and mitigation as well as environment compliance directives as applying to the specific work activities
- The responsibilities for this position shall include but are not limited to; PSM Compliance for process piping and fixed process equipment, ensure the mechanical integrity of the unit’s process equipment and provide support to members of supervision and management as needed.
- Stay current in VTA assignments.
- Promote individual and team safety by participating in department and unit safety meetings.
- Attend and participate in inspection related Job Safety Analysis reviews.
- Assist the Chief Inspectors in assuring that all inspections are performed in a safe manner and in accordance with applicable safety requirements.
Accountability 2: Inspection of Equipment
- Responsible for maintaining a day-to-day working relationship with personnel in the following units and areas -
- Olefins #1
- Olefins #2
- Polypropylene 3,4,5
- Containment and dike walls
- Above ground storage tanks, floating roofs, and seals
- Light and electric poles
- Flex hoses
- Responsible for working with the appropriate Team Leader and personnel at the Units for notification when equipment will be available for inspection.
- Aid in coordinating repairs, alterations, or rerating activities with the appropriate Team Leader, Unit Engineer, Reliability Engineer, TAR Planners, Job Representative and Contractors.
- Maintain ongoing communications with the Operating Staffs and Resource Team at the units so that I will be made aware of any process changes that could affect the integrity of pressure equipment.
- Communicate any major activities having substantial economic, safety, or plant downtime ramifications to the Maintenance Coordinator and Maintenance Superintendent at my assigned Units so that appropriate scheduling and planning can be accomplished.
- When necessary, the INEOS Unit Inspector will work with Operations, Maintenance and Engineering personnel at his/her assigned Units to obtain final approval or disapproval of recommended corrective actions arising from inspections and tests.
- Attend all Inspection related daily and monthly meeting.
- Conduct SAP M6 Inspection Backlog Verification and Reviews which requires walking out each individual recommendation line item in the field, tracking the status, closing out the SAP notification when work is complete.
- Maintain backlog list of inspection notifications.
- Perform field audits and write inspection reports.
- Maintain equipment and piping inspections:
- Visual Inspections
- CUI Inspections
- Corrosion Monitoring Inspections
- Set Up new equipment and piping electronically and in the document control files.
- Investigate and Document Loss of Containment occurrences (Leak Investigations)
- Job Rep for Specialty Inspection Contractors and Embedded Staff
- Assist the Radiation Safety Officer as needed.
- Follow Ups with work performed by shared resources (insulation/painting/scaffolding)
- Update Inspection Drawings
- Redline P&ID’s
- Follow Ups to work performed by shared resources (insulation/painting/scaffolding)
Accountability 3: Teamwork
- This position will require the interaction with first level leaders (team leaders), contract NDE technicians, contract maintenance personnel, engineering resources and other inspection team members. The Inspector shall ensure all PSM compliance inspections are properly documented using electronic reports.
- Assist other Inspectors in developing/ organizing cycle ending TAR Inspection Plans for assigned areas of responsibilities.
- Aid and support other INEOS Inspectors as needed during routine times and during unit outages.
- Work with the other Inspectors to coordinate inspection resources for on-site activities as well as coverage of repaired and/or fabricated items at off-site vendor facilities.
- Work with all inspection team members to ensure consistent inspection practices are implemented across the site’s units.
- Assist the inspection team in researching, studying, understanding and recognizing the applicability and limitations of new inspection technology as it becomes available.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with pressure vessel and piping inspection in the petrochemical, power or nuclear, oil and gas exploration or production industry.
- Current API-510 and API-570 certification required. Previous certification with ASNT-TC-1A or equivalent Level II NDE certification in VT, PT, MT, UTTM & RTFI.
- Experience with PCMS Software
- A 2-year Associate of Applied Science Degree in Welding Inspection and/or Non-Destructive Examination (NDE) or similar related technical school diploma.
- 10 years’ experience with pressure vessel and piping inspection experience in the petrochemical, power or nuclear, oil and gas exploration or production industry.
- American Welding Society Certified Welder Inspector Certification.
- Previous level 2 NDE certification a plus.
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with AutoCAD.
- Experience/knowledge of oil and gas Industry related mechanical, maintenance, welding, fabrication, metallurgy and corrosion.
Most Important Skills & Knowledge
- Experience with the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) fabrication and design codes and similar industry standards, practices and/or specifications.
- Experience with ASME and American Petroleum Institute (API) inspection codes and similar industry standards, practices and/or specifications.
- Intermediate level experience with MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Good communication skills particularly with technical writing and oral presentations.
- The ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously by use of good organization skills are essential to this position.
New employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.