We’re looking for a Inspection Maintenance Planner to join the INEOS Acetyls team.
We need highly motivated individuals who want to be part of our growing business.
INEOS Acetyls is a global chemicals business producing acetic acid and a range of derivatives across Europe, Asia and America. We’re part of INEOS - one of the largest petrochemical companies in the world, employing around 26,000 people across 194 sites in 29 countries.
You will be based at the Hull site, which is the largest producer of acetic acid, acetic anhydride and ethyl acetate in Europe. The products we produce are essential building blocks used in almost every industry, including renewable power, automotive, pharmaceuticals, coatings and textiles.
Hull is also home to the business's global technology development and support team and is based on the 370-acre Saltend Chemicals Park - a cluster of world-class chemicals and renewable energy businesses at the heart of the UK's energy estuary.
Be part of our journey to net zero
Sustainability is at the heart of our business, and we have created a road map to achieving net zero. We’re investing in this sustainable future right now you could be part of our journey.
Ensures successful completion of maintenance activities through in depth planning of maintenance activities. Focussing on critical jobs steps, checking of spares and estimation of durations for Inspection specific maintenance activities.
This role has high impact on the sites ability to perform it’s scheduled inspections in line with statutory requirements. This ultimately affects the sites license to operate, and is a key barrier in preventing process safety events.
- Ensuring compliance with HSSE standards and expectations set through the INEOS Life Saving Rules and 20 Safety Principles.
- Set example on HSSE responsibilities with all teams with which they interact.
- Promote safety culture through visible leadership in the field, for example Safety Observation Conversations, Audits and Near Miss reporting.
- Deliver against front-end maintenance KPIs and suggest interventions to achieve measurable improvements where required.
- Deliver work in line with the agreed maintenance planning processes / workflow, developing cross discipline team capability to deliver appropriate quality work specifications into the schedule, and ultimately the field.
- Work with Operations, Asset teams, Engineering Integrity and Projects to ensure high quality work identification and specification and assigning the correct priority to the work to be completed.
- Specify safe and appropriate maintenance within the bounds set by the various budget holders and maintenance strategies.
- Support the coaching of notification creators to deliver ‘right first time’ maintenance requests to the maintenance planning team.
- Support the schedule by setting and robustly defending challenge to work priorities to enable the schedule to be efficiently delivered whilst maintaining required plant reliability on a risk-balanced basis
- Monitor, manage and prioritise action on the list of notifications requiring review in their area of responsibility, including manually raised notifications but pre-dominantly system generated inspection recommendations.
- Plan all repair and maintenance work in SAP to allow failure reporting and maintenance costs to be targeted at the appropriate level.
- Engage with the TAR and If-Down-Do work processes to ensure the appropriate management of all work requests.
- Where work is reviewed in the field and deemed to be TAR work, capture the initial review information in the notification and unreleased maintenance order to form the initial draft of the TAR JTD.
- Generate the Permit Request for complex or significant multi-trade tasks, since the SAP Maintenance Order operations form the initial part of the Method Statement and Risk Assessment.
- Identify the necessary permit requirements and other approvals (specialist lift plans etc) as discrete operations in the Maintenance Order, to allow visibility of required work to all teams.
- Identify, specify and create purchase requisition of spares necessary to carry out the job.
- Ensure any changes to spares requirements are reviewed with the Asset Team Discipline Engineers, following Management of Change where necessary.
- Raise requests through the line where a reactively purchased spare component needs to be considered for adding to the system for direct purchase or stores stock.
- Escalate technical support, if required, through the line (from Technician to Supervisor, to Maintenance Planner and to Asset Engineer if necessary).
- Define hold points, punch out requirements and post-commissioning checks in the Maintenance Order operations, and carry our punch out activities where required.
- Monitor work raised by their planner group requiring TECO, through engagement with the schedule.
- Audit the completion of failure reporting in the Notification during Order Technical Completion (TECO), and build lessons learned fed back into future planning activities.
- Identify repeatable work and common templates which would assist with efficient generation of Maintenance Order planning tasks. Draft these in an excel template and work with the Systems Engineers to have them added to the SAP libraries. Communicate the addition of these task lists with their teams and ensure duplicates are not requested.
- Support the key cross-team interactions in the areas of CoW, safety, and maintenance systems, to ensure all development work and CI opportunities are aligned in support of the maintenance model.
- Delegate for the Maintenance Supervisors as required to cover holidays or sickness leave.
- Level 3 Apprenticeship in the Mechanical Engineering Disciplines, inclusive of Fabrication
- HNC in Mechanical Engineering discipline
- Experience using SAP to plan Maintenance activities
- Experience working in a Maintenance, Turnaround or Projects planning process
- Experience with equipment typically used in the Petrochemical/ Oil and Gas industries
- Experience with the safety requirements of work working on a COMAH regulated site
- Understanding of the statutory requirements of inspection tasks and inspection recommendations
- Displays a strong safety-first/ speak-up culture
- Strong attention to detail when planning activities
- Good communicator and collaborative worker
- Can lead teams in maintenance activities
- Implementer and/or Completer/ Finisher traits
- Notification Backlog level in area of responsibility
- Ready to Schedule Backlog level in area of responsibility
- Level of Maintenance Orders requiring Technical Completion (TECO) in area of responsibility
- Ratio of Scoped to Un-Scoped work in area of responsibility
- Quantity of work variations or CVI’s due to planning cause code in area of responsibility