We are looking for a
[[Inspection Engineer ]]
Responsibilities/ Accountabilities of the job: Describe the main results expected from the job, sum up to 100%
- Promoting and upholding the safety performance in accordance with behavioural and process safety directives
- Compliance with and promotion of different behavioural and process safety initiatives and measures - initiation and monitoring / tracking (20 INEOS SHE principles, IGGN's, SHE KPI's, risk assessments, …)
- Follow up and implement any SHE related legislation related to equipment
- Ensure high safety status of equipment to ensure running operations
- Actively participate in reoccurring HAZOP reviews and include expertise
- Responsible for the site inspection plan
- Responsible for the coordination, planning and follow-up of the periodic inspections of pressure vessels, steam equipment, storage tanks, compressed air vessels, pipes, lifting equipment, SIF, electrical installations and radioactive sources
- Advises, in accordance with construction codes and legislation, production and maintenance on criticality, ability to repair, repair procedures and need for additional inspections if findings are made during the inspection;
- Conducts and coordinates non-destructive testing on site
- Is responsible for the inspection records, keeps the documentation up to date and in perfect condition as indicated by legislation and company requirements;
- Is responsible for developing and maintaining procedures related to the activities of the inspection service;
- Advise project engineers and production managers on issues related to corrosion of chemical equipment to improve plant utilization, occupational safety and reliability;
- Follow up on the implementation of various regulations applicable to equipment. Gathering and updating the regulations and standards used for the execution of projects, to comply with legal safety regulations and to provide technical support where necessary for maintenance or the construction department
- Is responsible for the implementation and evergreening of RBI (risked based inspection) for piping , pressurized equipment, and storage tanks. Responsible for identifying all damage mechanisms of pressurized equipment and piping;
- Advises and follows the GB , ASME and EN requirements for pressure equipment (new construction, alterations, repairs);
- Guarantees welding quality / coordination (certificates / training level / qualifications);
- Validation of design / calculation / codes for new construction / projects together with Notified Body.
IT lead for RBI software 5%:
- Maintain RBI software and be focal point of contact
Experience in general:
- At least a master degree in engineering in material science, chemistry, mechanics, electromechanics or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in an inspection department in the process industry
- Chinese, local and environmental legislation regarding process equipment inspection (GB, PED, ASME
- Regulatory Inspection (API, RBI, ...)
- Regulations Construction (ASME, AD)
- Inspection techniques (NDT,…)
- Degradation mechanisms
- Metals and materials, metallurgy
- Welding (incl. related procedures and best practices).
- Computer skills as needed
- Basic understanding on RBI principles
- General work day hours, in case of severe emergency on site, requested to support production management with expertise on safety and process
- Must be able to occasionally (20-40%) stand, ascend and descend stairs, turn valve/wrench handles, ascend and descend caged ladders, bend, kneel/crouch/crawl, reach above shoulder height, tolerate repetitive motion and utilize fine motor dexterity and reach at/below shoulder height.
- Must be able to frequently (70-100%) sit and walk.
- Must be able to infrequently (5-10%) twist.
- Must be able to work inside 70% of the time and work outside 30% of the time.
- Must be able to infrequently work in extreme cold or heat and around high noise levels over 85 Db.
- Must be able to wear ½ face respirator or full-face respirator as needed.
- Must be able to wear steel-toed shoes, safety glasses, long sleeves, hearing protection, fall protection and other PPEs as warranted.
- Must be able to complete and maintain Governmental required training for safety personal and process polymerization as required
- Must be able to complete and maintain INEOS process training for on-boarding
- Must have the ability to see written documents, computer screens and to adjust focus.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make discriminations in sound. Must perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels, with or without correction.
- This position is considered a “safety critical job”, which requires continuous study (SOP’s, Training Manuals, procedural updates), for the employee to be always alert, able to concentrate on their task at hand, and not impaired by medications (prescription, non-prescription, illegal or legal substances including alcohol), or any other mental condition which adversely affects alertness, concentration, or judgment.
- An example in SHE behaviour, SHE leadership, including clear understanding of Process Safety.
- Goal Orientation
- Systematic and analytical thinking
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Innovative and proactive.
Competencies, Behavioral skills:
- Professional image, open minded, excellent communication with people with different culture, strong logical sense, detail oriented.
- Analytical thinking
- Result driven
- Good knowledge of the English language beneficial
If you require further information please contact [[Can Gu]].
Of course, your application will be treated confidentially.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application