Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Addyston, Ohio, United States
INEOS ABS (USA) LLC
Our Company: INEOS Styrolution is a leading global styrenics supplier, with a focus on styrene monomer, polystyrene, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene standard and styrenic specialties. Offering excellent production facilities, cutting-edge R&D centers, international reach, and over 90 years' experience pioneering real change through sustainable solutions, all while makeing the circular economy for styrenics a reality.
- Global leader in styrenics: No. 1 leader in styrenics with a focus on Styrene Monomer, Polystyrene, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene Standard and Styrenic Specialties
- Employees: 3,600 worldwide
- Production sites: 20 manufacturing sites in 10 countries
- Customer base: Customers in 106 countries
- Sales: 4 billion EUR in 2020
The Position: Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
The Industrial Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the safe and accurate oversight, troubleshooting and repair of the site’s manufacturing processes’ mechanical systems and general building maintenance.
INEOS ABS is an affiliate of INEOS Styrolution, with both companies being wholly-owned by INEOS AG. The INEOS ABS manufacturing facility produces plastic polymers and is located in Addyston, OH, just outside of Cincinnati, OH.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Remove/Install pumps - laser alignment preferred, dial indicator okay, strait edge emergency.
- Change out all types of valves - understand difference between 150 and 300 pound arrangements.
- Change various types of belts, sheaves, or pulleys.
- Adjust rotary lock blades or flights.
- Adjust cutters, change pinch rollers.
- Change relief devices - be able to identify "like for like".
- Operate the Pitman and other small lifting devices.
- Add oil to gear boxes - identify correct type.
- Tighten/adjust DN reactor seals.
- Open and close pipes/equipment for unplugging - blind flanges.
- Small pump/motor/blower replacement.
- Rotary feeder clearing/adjustment.
- Inspection door/manway removal/replacement.
- Coagulator tear down and re-assembly.
- Assistance with dump filter removal.
- Replace small piping/tubing.
- Steam/water/air hose assembly.
- Basic operation and troubleshooting.
- Coupling Replacement.
- Blanking lines, putting in pancakes.
- Barge disconnect.
- Find and locate parts.
- Participate in daily maintenance meetings.
- Operate lifts (personnel and rigging) and drive a Fork Truck when needed.
- Responsible for personal safety and product quality.
- Operate and act in accordance with the 20 Principles for Behavioral and Process Safety.
- Work appropriately with hazardous raw materials, including but not limited to, Butadiene, Acrylonitrile, Styrene, and Maleic Anhydride.
- Maintain good housekeeping in work areas and assist in general cleanup.
- Attendance and a punctual employee presence are essential.
- May work alone or with other Mechanics, Electricians, Duel Craft Mechanical I&E Techs, Process Technicians/Operators or in conjunction with Contractors or Supervision (i.e. Maintenance Coordinators, Engineers, Department Team Leads, Shift Coaches, etc).
Training Skills & Knowledge Required
- Millwright preferred. Must pass a Company developed written and hands on test.
- Must successfully complete assigned training modules.
- Must pass qualification testing and “walk-throughs” within a reasonable period of time.
- High school diploma or equivalent education and a minimum of 12 months in a production or maintenance environment.
- Must pass a post offer drug test, physical and background check.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work well in a team environment with diverse groups.
- Good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to thoroughly understand and follow complex work procedures.
- Good analytical skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills.
- Strong math skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot chemical processes equipment problems.
- Satisfactory completion of Maintenance Department - defined on-the-job-training certification/qualification, safety training, and all other legally mandated training.
Physical Requirements, Visual Acuity, and Environmental Factors
- Must be able to frequently stand, ascend and descend stairs, turn valve/wrench handles, bend, stoop, twist, kneel / crouch / crawl, reach at/below shoulder height, work in extreme cold or heat, high noise levels over 85 Db, cramped quarters, and around chemicals (AN, Bd, MA, Styrene and others), work closely with co-workers or with the assistance of others to accomplish daily tasks, and work at a moderate pace. May require ½ face respirator, full face respirator and PAPR (Powered Air Purified Respirator) as needed. Must be able to wear steel-toed shoes, safety glasses, long sleeves, hearing protection, fall protection and other PPE as warranted.
- Must be able to occasionally work at a rapid pace, sit, walk, ascend and descend caged ladders, reach above shoulder height, tolerate repetitive motion, work with vibratory tools, at heights, around dusts / mists / fumes, on wet or damp walking or work surfaces, with automated machinery and operate plant vehicles.
- Must be able to infrequently maintain fine manual dexterity and do confined space entry.
- Scheduled eight hours per day, five days per week. Possibility of working six days per week or working extra hours on the shift. Possibility of working seven days a week and/or shift work. Must be able to work inside 30% of the time and work outside 70% of the time. Must work alone 20% of the time and work with others 80% of the time.
- Must be able to lift (pushing & pulling effort while stationary) 1-10 lbs. approximately 5 times a day, 11-20 lbs. approximately 5 times a day, 21-30 lbs. approximately 5 times a day, 31-40 lbs. approximately 3 times a day, and 41-50 lbs. approximately 1 time a day.
- Must be able to carry (pushing & pulling effort while walking) 1-10 lbs. approximately 5 times a day, 11-20 lbs. approximately 5 times a day, 21-30 lbs. approximately 4 times a day, 31-40 lbs. approximately 1 time a day, 41-50 lbs. approximately 1 time a day, and 51-60 lbs. approximately 1 time a day.
- Must have the ability to see written documents, computer screens, adjust focus, and receive detailed information through oral communication and to make discriminations in sound. Must perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels, with or without correction.
- This position is considered a “safety critical job”, which requires continuous study (SOP’s, Training Manuals, procedural updates), for the employee to be always alert, able to concentrate on their task at hand, and not impaired by medications (prescription, non-prescription, illegal or legal substances including alcohol), or any other mental condition which adversely affects alertness, concentration, or judgment.
The Location: This opportunity is located in Addyston, Ohio, only13 miles West of Cincinnati, Ohio.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive salaries, performance-related pay and bonuses.
- Comprehensive benefits package with low premiums including health, short term disability, life and accidental death insurance plans
- 401K with company match + contributions
- Fitness and tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work environment
- Career development and progression
We are INEOS Styrolution because:
- We provide equal employement opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, maritial status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
- We are committed to the safety and personal wellness of all our employees
- We recognize success and reward achievements
- We support employees who are passionate about success and motivated.
- We offer a positive learning environment and encourage the sharing of best practices
- We produce materials that are necessary for our daily lives
- We contribute to the communities in which we operate and donate to organizations our employees care about
- We foster teamwork and safe, positive working environments
We are excited to hear from you and to share more about our organization.
All the best,
The INEOS Styrolution Talent Team
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application