Buyer / Assistant Procurement Specialist (Indirect)
Location: Newton Aycliffe, County Durham: On-Site
- Huge investment has been made into our brand new state of the art manufacturing facility and with a number of exciting product launches into 2023/24 we are looking to bolster the indirect procurement support at Newton Aycliffe with a focus on 3rd Party Manufacturing.
The Role: Reporting directly into the Procurement Manager the successful candidate will ensure smooth daily operations of procurement activities with a key focus on delivering great customer service to internal and external stakeholders. As the main point of contact for Indirect Procurement activities the postholder will own the onboarding process and management of existing indirect supplier base. Principal focus areas being delivery of supplier performance (on-time delivery and non-conformance management), adhering to project deadlines and budgetary constraints as well as proactively ensuring all INEOS (and non-INEOS) compliance requirements are met.
- Assist in project-based procurement work
- Compile RFQ documents and gather information necessary for a successful tender
- Produce procurement strategies to be approved by the procurement manager for RFQs
- Process new vendor creation/change requests
- Manage and maintain the contract management libraries for In-Direct procurement.
- Order placement using the current SAP system (ensuring orders meet all critical paths required)
- Order management including but not limited to-Expediting, tracking, updating and processing of acknowledgements
- Support corrective actions for invoice queries
- Create purchase orders and track deliveries, ensuring on time deliveries
- Ensure payments are made on time and to manage any queries
- Create and negotiate nonconformities with suppliers
- Perform audits with selected suppliers
- Manage supplier relations and negotiation to develop high performing sustainable partnerships, delivering Best Value.
- Prepare relevant benchmark data, supply market intelligence info and supplier scouting.
- Analysis of purchasing data and preparation of information for supplier reviews.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Level 3 Qualification in a relevant discipline
- Degree in a Procurement, Supply Chain, Commercial or Business Management discipline (Desirable)
- CIPS Level 4 qualified or working towards (Desirable)
- 3+ years Purchasing/Procurement experience gained in a fast paced manufacturing environment preferrably in an FMCG organisaion but open to applications from other fast paced manufacturing businesses.
- 1+ years Indirect Procurement experience managing the RFQ process.
- IT Literate, competent in the use of Microsoft packages particularly related to interpreting and presenting data in the form of KPI's.
- Experience using an ERP system to manage transactional procurement activities such as raising orders
- SAP experience for transactional procurement activities (Highly Desirable).
- Understanding of the Purchase to Pay process.
- Strong planning, organisational and problem solving skills.
- Team player
- Logical thinking
- Self-starter and proactive behaviour
- Positive attitude to work
- Enthusiastic problem solver
- Naturally Inquisitive
This vacancy is not eligible for VISA Sponsorship or relocation assistance, to be appointed to this position you must be able to demonstrate you have the Right to Work in the UK on a Temporary or Permanent basis.