INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products, with sales today of around $60 billion. It comprises 34 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 168 sites in 26 countries throughout the world where it employs around 21.000 people.
Our site located in Lillo, Antwerp, which is part of the Business Unit Ineos O&P Europe North, is responsible for the development and growth of the specialties High Density Polyethylene and Polypropylene markets for Ineos.
We are looking for an IT Service Desk Engineer, who will be based at our site located in Lillo-Antwerp.
Context and dimensions of the job
The jobholder assures:
- proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes actively resolving end-user help requests within established SLAs. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help or remote support at the desktop level.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Assisting in providing Level I support.
- Build rapport with service desk customers.
- Escalate incidents with accurate documentation to suitable technician or vendor, when required.
- Record, track, and document the service desk incident-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Research solutions through internal and external knowledgebase as needed.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined.
- Install antivirus software and ensure virus definitions are up to date.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of servers.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups as required.
- Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users.
- Contribute to technician knowledgebase and training as needed.
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
- Provide suggestions for continual improvement.
- Continuous challenge of organisational and budget assumptions
- Close and effective communication with business users and suppliers
- Working effectively with cross functional and geographically dispersed teams and users
- Standardisation of IS / IT solutions
- Ongoing IT infrastructure re-structuring and change management
- Growing focus on cybersecurity
Knowledge and skills required:
- Master degree in the field of computer science or at least 5 year IT experience in IT Service Desk
- Evidence of continuing management development and improvement
- The password authorization controls according to the user role (enabling and disabling passwords for usage of software/IT services).
- Handling systems administration requests (direct management or delegation of activities related to creation, modification and deletions of accounts to access IT services and systems).
- Handling (with fixing, repair or replacement) of hardware issues (computer, laptop and phones).
- Liaise with service providers for troubleshooting of infrastructure issues related to managed
- services (WAN, printing, security) according to the support and escalation procedures agreed with service providers.
- Contributing to the testing of software upgrades and to the implementation/deployment of new software.
- Contributing during the execution of projects.
- Following the requests of users, provide advises on current standard software and IT security procedures.
- Monitor IT security issues and take appropriate remediation actions.
- Promote IT security awareness with end users
- Promote IT tips and tricks, self-service IT instruction guides, “How to”, .....
- Ensure good IT asset management by maintaining IT asset records in CMDB
- Participate to the employees Employee Onboarding and Departure processes according to the procedures defined by the HR department with specific responsibilities
- Provision of phone connection and telephone equipment and if /where necessary liaise with the Telecom IT team.
- grant/remove access to required INEOS systems (depending on the role) and provide/collect IT equipment: coordinate and monitor deadlines for the delivery/removal of IT services for the new employee’s based on the date of commencement/departure.
- Experience working in an ITIL-driven environment and working knowledge of ITIL principles and processes.
- Problem analysis and resolution
- Very good written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Language skills: professional working proficiency of Dutch, English and French
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues is required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly, business-friendly, and technical language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Comfortable with different cultural backgrounds and behaviour
- Lead by example and take responsibility for own performance
- Category B driving license.
Our offer A challenging job in a stimulating and technically advanced environment, a motivating remuneration package and the opportunity for further development in a company that is in its sector to the world's top.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application