INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND JOB PURPOSE
INEOS Olefins and Polymers USA is one of the largest integrated producers of olefins and polyolefins in North America. From its manufacturing locations at Chocolate Bayou and LaPorte, Texas, it is a merchant marketer of butadiene, ethylene, polypropylene, and high-density polyethylene with annual revenue of $6.5 billion. The IT organization provides support to 1900 employees and 600 contractors.
How the Role Fits In:
Unavailability of IT assets can have direct, negative impact on business performance. The role is necessary to ensure employees in the company can remain productive and business processes that rely on technology continue to function.Problem solving done by the individual requires determining "how to solve". The employee addresses unique problems and evaluates advantages and disadvantages of alternatives.
This position develops local discipline policies and practices as well as approves modified and new procedures and standards. The employee works within with functional polices and toward accomplishing local and company goals. Receives only general managerial direction. Encourages and supports participation, experimentation, and prudent risk taking at all levels. Supervision is indirect. General managerial direction based on corporate guidelines.
The individual performs complex tasks that must be coordinated with tasks outside the work unit; The individual provides advice and counsel to IT management.
Purpose of Job
Ensures the security of proprietary information of the organization by providing strategic direction, tactical management, emergency planning, and disaster recovery strategies.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Monitors logical access controls to ensure they are operating effectively, identifies gaps, and implements solutions to close gaps.
• Participates in the development and execution of processes to monitor changes to production are authorized.
• Evaluates and recommends tools to automate processes and ensure complete and accurate data.
• Develops and executes processes to monitor changes to production file systems to detect unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure.
• Create and maintain accurate Information Technology documentation related to, but not limited to, Information Technology compliance efforts and applicable lists (inventory, users, etc.)
• Provides guidance to other technical teams, including process control teams.
• Ensure that the security policies set forth by the organization are adhered to using provided applications and out-of-box tools.
• Ensure the Anti-virus/Anti-malware compliance across the organization using the enterprise applications provided.
• Perform day-to-day management and administration of the organizations Anti-virus/Anti-malware solution.
• Make recommendations to management on configuration changes, upgrades, or migrations for the Anti-virus/Anti-malware implementation.
• Analyze logs and reports from the enterprise Anti-virus/Anti-malware solution and make recommendations on we could improve and minimize risk.
• The role requires the insight based on knowledge and experience to solve problems in processes and systems and create solutions.
• The employee leverages technology and business processes, recognizes the need for new or modified approaches, and acts ahead of need.
• The employee can determine priorities and may deviate from established procedures as long as objectives are met. No direct monitoring of the job is needed.
• Develop and prepare state of compliance and deficiency reporting; establish metrics and report on key performance indicators as needed.
• Maintain working knowledge of various Information Technology change management systems, workflows as it relates to approval structures, change types, and roll back procedures.
• Assist in the creation and updating of a change management review and approval contact list.
• Consult with system owners to discuss issues such as computer data access needs, security violations, and programming changes.
• Participates in the evaluation, development, and implementation of security standards, procedures, and guidelines for multiple platforms and diverse systems environments.
• Evaluates tools to automate compliance checking and processes.
• Creates and executes project plans to meet timelines
• Analyze logs and reports from the enterprise organizations patch management solution and make recommendations on we could improve and minimize risk.
• Analyze, report, and make recommendations monthly on released Microsoft security and third party security updates.
• Act as a Technical Authorized User (TAU) to our security service provider, monitor, manage, and respond to all tickets, alerts, and notifications.
• Interface to key contacts within the security service providers organization for troubleshooting issues and implementing approve recommends.
• Act as a representative of the organization in the INEOS global security organization and provide updates on business direction and initiatives as it may impact other INEOS organizations.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Bachelors degree in computer-related field and minimum 10 years experience.
- Certification in one or more networking or backoffice technologies
• Understands highly complex aspects of a wide range of technologies and performs work without supervision. Recognized as an expert in one or more fields.
• 5 years in system security, audit, and/or controls experience.
• Good understanding of information security standards, frameworks, risk assessment and best practices from; ISO2700x, COBIT, ITIL,
• Experience in auditing all aspects of access and change control processes and procedures.
• Demonstrated problem solver, so is a primary resource to help improve performance.
• Builds cross-functional teams to accomplish a tasks. An understanding of and consideration of priorities in other functional areas is important to properly approaching those areas with the team's needs and gaining necessary commitment.
• Influences others at own and higher levels; Is frequently requested to lead diverse, cross-functional teams. Able to challenge the status quo without creating friction. Fosters collaboration between team members. Influence behavior and opinions. Understands the perspectives and agendas of others.• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to interact across different cultures and time zones.
• Expected to have occasional interaction with management and counterparts in other businesses and countries.
• Determines the best method out of multiple possibilities of solving broad and complicated problems.
• When confronted with the unknown; the individual utilizes years of experience and know-how to develop new concepts and approaches.
• Considers a broad range of internal and external factors when solving problems, including applications from different industries that could benefit our business.
New employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application